Does paypal share my personal phone number?

ch432
New Community Member

I am using a paypal personal account as an alternative way to pay online. I do not send or receive money nor do any business activity it is just used to pay instead of using a credit card.

In every transaction does paypal share my personal address and real phone number with every company without my explicit confirmation? Do I get any information when these are shared?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ch432

Welcome! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. I can certainly understand why you'd be concerned about your data and personal info. When you send a payment, the recipient will see your name, profile pic or avatar, amount received, and your comments. They will also see your mailing address, but only if you’ve chosen to share it when paying for goods or services. The recipient won’t see the payment method you used or your phone number.

You can find more information on PayPal's Privacy Policies here. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.