Wire transfer routing number versus direct deposit routing number

bnt1031
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a different wire routing number to receive a wire vs the direct deposit routing number they provide you in your Paypal account

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bnt1031 wrote:
Is there a different wire routing number to receive a wire vs the direct deposit routing number they provide you in your Paypal account

Yes. The routing number for doing wire transfers between your bank account and another bank account would be found on the bottom of your paper check, next to your account number.

If you want to receive your paycheck, tax refund, or other government checks into your PayPal account balance, you’d give out your PayPal direct deposit account number and routing number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bnt1031
Contributor
Contributor
I have never had a paper check from PayPal, I don't think anybody has, so assuming I would have one seems odd. What is the routing number for accepting inbound bank wire from a third party
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @bnt1031,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

Thanks for the help @sharpiemarker! I understand you're looking to accept transfers from third party to PayPal. You can only add and receive money from your linked bank account or card. Third party transfers are not allowed in PayPal. The account and routing number associated with Direct Deposit are for incoming payments only and can’t be used for outgoing purchases, payments, or direct debits.

I hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.