Why is my salary still on hold ?

Molly_Calizo
Contributor
Contributor

I worked hard for it for 1 month and I supposed to buy Milk and diaper using that money. That's a hard earned money you're not supposed to put it on hold.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Molly_Calizo 

All payments may be subject to hold. Longer hold for goods and services payments (up to 21 days). Personal payments where available (24 to 72 hrs).

Why is my payment on hold?

Your payment may be on hold because:

• The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern
  • New seller or recently started selling
  • Your account was inactive for a while
  • We found an unusual change in selling price of this transaction
  • You’re selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers

Why does PayPal do this?

Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the safe and secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. We do this to ensure there is enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your account such as chargebacks or disputes. The money still belongs to you. It’s just temporarily not available to use, until your buyer has received the item they ordered in the condition promised.

If there are no issues with the transactions such as disputes, claims or chargebacks, the funds should typically be released within 21 days from the date of payment.

In some markets*, you can mark your item as "shipped" or "processed" to gain earlier access to your funds. Here's how to mark your item as “shipped” by providing the shipping details on the “Transaction Details” page.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to “My Account” and click Overview near the top of the page.
  3. Under recent activity, click Transactions details for the transaction ID.
  4. Click Mark as shipped and submit the tracking details, by updating the “Order status”, “Tracking number” and the “Shipping company” used.

If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as “processed” and provide the required details.

*Right now the "Mark as shipped" feature is only available in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Spain, France, UK, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, South Korea, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Taiwan, US, Vietnam, and South Africa. We'll continuously expand our service and make this available to more markets over time.

You can help to release the eligible payments by following one of the below steps:

• Add Tracking. Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 1 day after the courier confirmed delivery.
  • Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book) and you'll get your money in 7 days

Otherwise, the payment will be released up to 21 days after you received it, provided there aren't any issues with your transaction or account. 

Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status: 

1. Go to your Activity
  2. Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money
  3. If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly. 
  4. If you sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  5. Click Submit.

In some cases, you may ask sender to confirm receipt 48 hrs after updating transaction with tracking or status:

Here's how to confirm you've received an item:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.