Paypal confirmation issues?

Jadfalcon
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy something on Paypal but it says that the payment was declined by the bank.  Panicking, I contacted the bank and found that like I thought I had more than enough money to cover the payment.  My linked Visa card is valid as well.

I tried the confirm card, however, it wont even pay the £0.01 confirmation transaction as, yes you guessed it, the last payment was declined.

I tried confirming my bank account, but it wants internet banking details which is something I do not do.  There must be a way to get my account 'unfrozen'.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jadfalcon 

If you have not confirmed your bank account or a debit or credit card then you can't use them as a funding source.

And if you want to use your bank account you have to have the direct debit mandate set up on your online banking list of direct debits or paypal can't take the funds from your bank account that you authorise. All companies need that ie electric / gas / water, if you pay them via direct debit from your bank account.

However you can choose to link and confirm a card instead as per link.

You need to wait 2-3 business days for the code to show up as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-and-confirm-my-debit-or-credit-card-for-use...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jadfalcon
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, I should mention I've been using Paypal for years and this just suddenly happened. I paid for something last night ok and when I tried paying again for something it was declined. The account connected has more than enough. It's nothing to do with trying to setup PayPal initially.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi @Jadfalcon

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific, and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.