I'm experiencing a weird issue with my business PayPal any to help me on what I should do?

Fu5-_yuj
Contributor
Contributor
I newly created my business account today I tried linking my European bank to it and it's not working It was showing "This account needs little help to like it contact us.....or you link another bank" However this European bank has not been linked to any PayPal before What could be the issue please
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fu5-_yuj 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however in some countries add a U.S bank account (not card) to your paypal account. This is because paypal is a U.S company.
If you have that option then it should show in your paypal wallet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fu5-_yuj
Contributor
Contributor
The bank I linked to to my account is a UK bank(IBAN) My colleague did same and it was approved He was able to linked it successfully
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fu5-_yuj 

He may have been able to link it but would not be able to confirm and use it to withdraw funds.

That is unless you mean he added a debit card which would be different from a bank as long as the billing address of the card matched the paypal account address.

However with a bank account you can only withdraw funds in the currency or opening amount of the country, as that would not be sterling you would not be able to withdraw any funds.

You can't use an international bank with a country specific paypal account....check the link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cshelp/article/why-cant-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-help199

• The account must be with a bank located in the same country as your PayPal account. In some countries, you can also use a U.S. bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.