How to fix PayPal Security Flag?

djklsddJKLsd

All I want to do is transfer money from my **bleep** bank account. It says transaction denied with no other information.

Many, many messages and calls to PayPal's help services and nobody seems even interested in trying to resolve the problem. At this point I'm contemplating closing my account -- they all tell me there is a security flag, but nobody knows what caused this flag or how to resolve it. It is apparently impossible to talk to someone on the security team or even someone in tier three tech support. I don't understand this. Have others dealt with this type of security issue? Is there any way to fix this or should I just abandon PayPal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

djklsddJKLsd

I wanted to add. This is not new, it has been ongoing for at least 40 days now. This is a bank account with Truist and I have successfully transferred money from that account before, both from the wire transfer (slow transfer) and with the instant debit card option. I can't think of anything which has changed on that account to now make it impossible to transfer funds.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @djklsddJKLsd

Welcome! Thanks for joining PayPal's Community Forum. I can understand how concerning it must be when you're unable to add funds to your PayPal account. I'm sure you've heard PayPal monitors and reviews every transaction processed through our system, and based on that review, may pend or even decline certain transactions or activity. With that in mind, how PayPal monitors and reviews those transactions is not something shared with the public. 

However, there's normally more than one way to get a job done. If you're trying to add money to your account to then fund a transaction with the money in your PayPal balance, we'd recommend just funding the transaction with the debit card or bank you're trying to add the money from. You may also want to try taking money out of your bank and using the Add cash at stores option. If those don't work, maybe you'd like to try making a payment through one of our credit products and then paying that credit product off with your bank. 

I know that's not exactly what you're looking for, but I hope that helps a bit. Good luck and best wishes on this and future transactions through PayPal, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.