Charges

guineacat
Contributor
Contributor
Can someone please explain why I now loose so much money whenever I sell on eBay. Out of a recent £8.99 sale I received £6.74 and I need to take postage out of that.? I'm beginning to feel it's a waste of time selling!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@guineacat 

This is Paypal, Ebay is a totally separate company so why not ask on their forum?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@guineacat 

This is Paypal, Ebay is a totally separate company so why not ask on their forum?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

guineacat
Contributor
Contributor
Because the charges are being taken out by PayPal. I was asking about PayPal charges when paying for an eBay item with PayPal? I'm fully aware of the difference between eBay and PayPal thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@guineacat 

Then FEES are in paypals user agreement for your country.

However that is paypal and not ebay fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

guineacat
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you lucyd3 for your comments
Login to Me Too

LucyD3
Contributor
Contributor
If you do free postage you should put extra on the item price to cover it or the fees. I no longer bother selling cheaper stuff as it’s not worth with all the fees. Here in Australia EBay is encouraging buyers to pay any other way other than by PayPal so they can then charge the seller the fee that PayPal would have charged the seller. If a buyer pays via another method other than PayPal the seller pays 12.18% in final value fees, so if you are paying more than what most sellers in your country are charged then you might be being penalised for not good selling practices. Contact EBay and find out the reason why. And yes it is becoming discouraging to sell on EBay because of the fees and I have found now I seem to have to pay to promote my items otherwise they are buried even though I have a perfect selling record with no negatives or neutrals in 17 years of selling on EBay. Even though they don’t charge listing fees I feel like I am paying them through having to pay to promote my listings. Very sneaky of EBay, and very off putting. I now use Marketplace to sell stuff which costs nothing to do
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LucyD3 

Yes, I agree, I don't sell on Ebay anymore, marketplace is so much better.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.