Can PayPal add to the amount after I paid without my consent?
I made a purchase today via paypal and I authorized the payment of $31.67 but my receipt shows I paid $38.00. The difference was for tax but that charge was not there when I paid. Can Paypal add to the amount I paid without my consent? I would not agree to pay $6.33 tax for an item that costs (before shipping) $24.99 but my issue is how can I be charged by PayPal for more than I authorized?
When I clicked on Submit the amount shown was for the item plus shipping and nothing else. I wrote the total shown into my checkbook. That's why I was surprised when I received an email confirmation from PayPal it was for a higher amount and now it showed that tax had been added. This is the first time I had seen the tax which by the way, is a crazy 25% amount. So are you saying that most likely I didn't see something that was there when I clicked on Submit? I guess I was looking for a definite yes or no as to whether Paypal can add anything to the total after I finished the transaction without my knowledge.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Releasing amoun in Transactions Archives
- Money sent to a closed account and account not accessible but i was refunded to that account in Transactions Archives
- Using Gmail account in Security and Fraud Archives
- Item not received, Paypal issued wrong amount for full refund. in Security and Fraud Archives
- Haven't Received 2 small deposits in Wallet Archives