Trouble having a payment made from my account

Gravymint
New Community Member

I am attemting to make a purchase from USFreeads.com a monthly subscription for $9.99.  I have in the past purchased subscriptions without any problem using my paypal acc.  But this time it will not go thru with the transaction.  A message comes up and says: The merchant requires an instant payment method and that there needs to be a cc or debit card added in order to go forward with the purchase.

I have contacted the merchant and they said that they don't understand the problem either.  I just want to have the service and use my pp acc to make payment.  Is there some kind of requirement by PP to have a cc or debit card associated with the account even though there is plenty of money in the account to cover the charge?  My acc is a premium verfied acc.  What is the problem?  Thanks for any assistance... Gary

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Gravymint,

I'm sorry the merchant was not able to clarify the situation for you.  I will do my best to help out with it.

All merchants have the ability to accept or deny certain types of payments for their business.  Much like a grocery store may choose to not accept American Express or Discover.  When these merchants request their payments be made in a certain manner it may require you to add additional funding sources to your account for the payments you make to qualify as "Immediate Payments"

In the PayPal system, reoccurring payments the require "Immediate Payments" usually means that the buyer needs to have a credit or debit card on their account to make the payments made from their bank process as "Instant Transfer" payments. 

This does not mean that the payments are required to be paid with the card. 

I hope this clarifies the issue for you.

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.