Adding international postage rates as well as UK ones to my paypal buy iy now buttons?

RoCoWe
New Community Member

On my website i have the Uk postage included when someone buys a product,only thing is if someone in USA or Australia buys it too then they just get charged the UK postage and I lose money.

How do I rig it up so I can charge people the right amount depending on where they are coming from?

This has baffled me for ages.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

karel35
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and it costs me quite a lot over the year as I have high sales volume. I have created 2 seperate buttons, one for uk and one for overseas, but not only does it make the page look untidy, they still click on the wrong button in many cases. But other than adding another button I am not sure.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi guys,

When you set up your postage using the "buy it now buttons" there is no option to change from international postage fees to UK postage fees. There is only the option as previously advised to add two buttons, one for the UK and one for international postage.

Sorry I can’t  be of more help to you.

Paula

Login to Me Too

HamGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have had the same issue for a long time. It's a ridiculously basic system that will simply lose you business on regular occasion. I don't really believe that PayPal is bothered either... 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, we apologise for that situation with the postage costs. I will pass this information on to our Products Teams. It is feedback like yours that can make changes to our system. If there is an issue with our system or processes, please let us know, here on the Forum or via e-mail/Call contact. As well as that, if you guys have any workarounds or alternatives, please feel free to post that information here to assist other users with similar issues. Apologies again and thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

Dominicr
Contributor
Contributor

Can I add my vote to this request, it is really crazy that it can't be done in a better way. If eBay (which owns Paypal) can manage it, why not Paypal? Please progress this request as a priority! Many thanks

Dominic

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Good point sticks, I will pass that suggestion onto our technical people here. Meanwhile, I could only suggest to sellers that you note it quite clearly on your listings that you will only ship to certain countries or list those countries that you will send to. Thanks for that.

Login to Me Too

yukikog1
New Community Member

I have the same problem and am trying to find a way just to add an alternative EU postage rate. Why can't someone who knows how use HTML just add another line so we can put a different rate. This spoils an otherwise very good system.

Login to Me Too

Dominicr
Contributor
Contributor

My workaround is that I created 3 separate button images for people to click for UK, Europe and World postage:

buynow_paypal_button_UK.gif

buynow_paypal_button_Europe.gif

buynow_paypal_button_World.gif

and each of these is linked to a different saved Paypal buttons with the correct postage rate. Creaky but it works.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Kudos, once again. How about other users with the same issue try this as a work around. Please do get back with any updates, suggestions or improvements. Well done again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.