Emailed the sales funds is pending as awaiting proof of postage

Shah_1979
New Community Member
I have just made a international sale through PayPal and have been emailed saying the sales fund is pending and awaiting proof of postage by me. The email looks legit with a link is asking for tracking number and postal proof. Does anyone know if this is legit as there seems no sign of any activity on my PayPal account. My plan is to call the customer service in the morning and verify the email before depatching the item. It clearing shows the long transaction number. Does anyone know if this is likely to be a legit purchaser who has made the payment for sure???
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shah_1979

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.
You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.