i was scammed and paypal dont want to help

Megzzzz1981
Contributor
Contributor

i was scammed by an IQ test website called Brainety.

after i bought the test results, one month later they charged me for $79.8 for renewal of brain games that i never singed for.

i opened a case with PAY PAL providing all evidence that i never singed up for this, i even provided FACEBOOK search results showing that many people were scammed the same way from the same website.

to my surprise, PAY PAL closed the case by denying my refund, and i am even unable to contest that.

PLEASE HELP !!!

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

Frank-Bemelman
Contributor
Contributor
@Meghan - yes, you explain how it works, but the bottom line is that innocent paypal customers are robbed. Not one, or two, no, literally thousands have been robbed, what we see here is just the tip of the iceberg. Can you bring me in contact with the highest executive in Paypal? This has to stop, and all the usual ways and methods don't work here. Paypal should listen and not look the other way. Brainety is robbing everyone without any permission whatsoever. Your system is as leak as a bucket without a bottom. Please put me in contact with your highest executive in Paypal organization. Thank you for doing that.
Login to Me Too

Evodriva
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I think I'm going to have to do the same if this is how they deal with their user's concerns. The point of having PayPal was to shop online safely, so if it's no longer safe, might as well just use my bank account. No need for PayPal

Login to Me Too

haithaford
New Community Member

i have the same issue and PayPal rejected my dispute 
how can i resolve this?

Login to Me Too

haithaford
New Community Member

lesson learned 
1. don't use PayPal, they wont support you when you need them
2. don't use a shady website , they have a secret agenda to scam you and your "bank" wont give a **bleep** about you 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @haithaford

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your dispute was closed. I recommend reaching out to Customer Support to see if there's an option to appeal your case or change it to a different case type that better matches your situation. You can review the different options for contacting Customer Support on our Help Center here

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

JDeren
New Community Member
My kid did this without my knowledge or permission and after contacting Brainety (telling them it was fraudulently purchased) the vehemently refuse to refundy money. I filed a dispute with the purchase but I'm still waiting to hear back from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

CostanzaDK
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me.. A small IQ test to kill some time and no mention of a subscription anywhere at all.
Only a few days later I am billed $38.80 and Paypal just closed the case.
It's so frustrating that you can't do anything. Scammers like these has no problem scamming people, when Paypal just closes their eyes to this! 
This thread alone should be enough to block the merchant / brainety. Several threads on reddit stating this is a scam site. I will stop using Paypal if this is not resolved.
In my country you can go to your bank and do a "statement of truth" and have them block the VISA-payment. If Paypal already paid the merchant and then don't get their money from VISA/my bank, then maybe they will have to resolve it with the scammer merchant. Unbelievable it is so easy for a merchant to use Paypal when scamming people and frustrating that Paypal doesn't mind to be used this way

Login to Me Too

Klazar
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem , paypal is not helping , next step if i didnot find a solution is to cancel my subscription to paypa
Login to Me Too

Clarice2
Same happened to me and Brainety won't refund. Well, I will not stop scaring every costumer of their off until they do.
Login to Me Too

tuesdae666
Contributor
Contributor
Go to trust pilot and give a detailed review. The brainety team contacted me to refund me hoping I will edit my review, but of course I didn't. I still managed to get my refund though. This still doesn't change the fact that PayPal is hopeless and doesn't protect their customers. Switching to some other form of payment is safer.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.