Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
160 REPLIES 160

Tessa1872
Contributor
Contributor
What to do now? Is the money lost? I'm so afraid and upset...
Login to Me Too

Cld74sf
Contributor
Contributor
How do we resolve this??
Login to Me Too

SomnolentDoll
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I recently discovered that this “my.games.bv” is actually boosty payments.. Why they named it that I do not know.. and why it says automatic I do not know
Login to Me Too

The_Doc71
New Community Member
I doubt it's that simple I never made a Purchase of more then 10 Bucks on boosty at a time but suddenly MYGamesBV charged me 80 bucks all in one go!
Login to Me Too

RinoaUlti
Contributor
Contributor

Contact Boosty and you will find out what is it. 
You can also check your subscribtion field and show us and we will figure out.

I really doubt that they will subscribe you for anything you didn't buy. 

Login to Me Too

Dominic92x
Contributor
Contributor

I've never used Boosty...I don't even know what it is.

Login to Me Too

RinoaUlti
Contributor
Contributor

Have you recently used Boosty for buying commissions or support creators or subsribe monthly for anything on their platform? It's their platfrom My.Games B.V. Also I guess they have other platform FanTalks so the payment maybe from this site also. 
If you didn't use Boosty or FanTalks I recommend to contact Boosty or FanTalks and solve the issue from their side, maybe some of your family bought anything or you didn't remember what did you buy from them but you did. They will return you money as they are safe platform or they give you information what have you bought and you can question it - if you haven't. 
Also you need to remember that you can stop the monthly subscription on Boosty or FanTalks on their site - but if you do it on paypal - you will be banned on their platfrom (more info below).
And not of warning if you bought some materials and commissions and just returned the money - it's a scam from your side. Boosty and other platform will ban your account and paypal/card info on their system so you won't be able to purchase any commissions in the future. So if you are not a scammer I recommend to contact Boosty and Paypal and authorize the payment.  

@Princex3

@curtinrp  

@Temp20230409b

@MrPwner911 

@Frizouw

@AleksandraK 

@Dominic92x 

@GingerRCurtau 

@Vlad43 

@Temp20230409b 

@jenka007 

Login to Me Too

Dominic92x
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what Boosty is.

I am the only one who has access to my account.

I don't know what FanTalks is. I don't care about being banned from their website.

largely unhelpful, but thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too

fictionalistic
New Community Member

@RinoaUlti 

Thank you so much for this information!!! I was panicking about the unrecognized MYGAMESBV, and you just relieved all of my fears. Your clarification has saved me from a lot of anxiety.
Login to Me Too

B2023
Contributor
Contributor
Something similar like this has been happening to me, and i just happen to check my balance in Dec, and I had 8 different accounts request money from me and threatened me that they won't remove all money out of my account if I didn't send the correct request amount. I blocked them Immediately, then would receive another request. Smh... I wrote PayPal and hasn't happened since, but...When checking my paypal account in March I saw 2 withdrawal transactions of $1.00 each on the same day. I haven't use my card online in months. The last week of March I had 3 random transactions that successfully went through without my Knowledge with my PayPal card of $69.81, $7.36 and $39.62 and another $1 transaction few days ago. Some businesses do a dollar request to make sure the account is owned by you. Which I haven't bought anything online with my PayPal card in awhile. So its very strange to me. So far PayPal has refunded 1 transactions.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.