Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Kinopravda
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, they charged 61€ and paypal is telling me that nothing looks wrong. This paddle.com is taking money from people, what I noticed is that I never received an email from paypal to notice the transaction but paypal told me they sent the notification.

Did someone solved the problem and got back the money? 

650 people with the same problem and paypal is just ignoring? 

Login to Me Too

JBake69
Paddle.com is a merchant service, I believe. I thought this same thing until I did some digging and realized that Paddle.com makes subscriptions/payment easy for some companies. In my case, DriverFix. Kinda annoying they don’t warn you before the purchase, that it may show up this way on your statement. Hope this helps
Login to Me Too

Kinopravda
Contributor
Contributor

JBake is absolutely right, I was terribly wrong. Check out your payments, paddle is just a payment intermediary for some software. 

Login to Me Too

seurei
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep**ing thieves. this company steals your money without asking you

Login to Me Too

RajFromFriscoTX
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar charge from Paddle.com - BUT is was for my iMac computer, CleanMyMac app that is actually recommended by Apple. The app helps in performing maintenance and Malware removal. PayPaly sends immediate notifications when you make a authorized purchase, I suggest to search your email history, and secondly search your Mac's Application for CleanMyMac X.app, if you have it than you approved the installation. I had PayPal for several long years and once there was a fraud the fixed it immediately. 

Login to Me Too

EddiePlayer1

GEOGUESSR

I saw paddle.com and didn't understood why, than I check and saw it was GeoGuessr.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220405a
Contributor
Contributor
Me too mine was 95 dollars from some German company they denied my unauthorized told to change to item not received and won't help
Login to Me Too

John1965bmw
You have to think good. I had the Same problem because i did not know what was paddle. But i bought something and what they better can do is submit the name of that company and not only paddle. 100% correct firma
Login to Me Too

Regulus57
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged $49.00 for something I didn't ask for.  It was through Paddle.  I need that charge put back in my checking account.  How can I go about that?  This  charge gave me an overdraft.  HELP

Login to Me Too

Gicu2020

I've been also charged for an amount of 60 euro's for which I have not purchased. Denied the recurring payment and order cancellation, and for that I am thinking of deleting my paypal account and renounce at this service, because it became unreliable and not helpfull.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.