UNAUTHORIZED PAYPAL PAYMENT TO VPN MOBAPPS LIMITED

cruzmauio
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would like your help in collecting an unauthorized payment of $49,99 to this site. I accepted a meeting for $0.99 (which I was unable to meet) and read to find if there would be other recurrent payments but I did not find any. Today I find out they have charged me such amount which would be monthly (which I cancelled).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @cruzmauio

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected second transaction from VPN MOBAPPS LIMITED. From what you've mentioned, it sounds like when you made your first payment, a recurring payment was created at the same time. I'm glad to hear that you were able to cancel the recurring payment. If you only canceled on the merchant's website, I also suggest canceling through PayPal by following the instructions here: What is an automatic payment and how do I cancel or update one? If you had canceled the automatic payment prior to the second charge going through, you can file a canceled recurring billing dispute. If you did not cancel it until after, I suggest reaching out to the merchant to request a refund. When the first payment is authorized and a recurring payment is activated, an unauthorized dispute is not typically approved. We are only able to approve unauthorized disputes where someone else had logged into your PayPal account to make the purchase. 

I hope this information provides some clarification and helps you determine your next steps!

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.