Refunds for a custom made items

Dmi3j
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! My buyer opened a dispute to return a custom made item and paid in three installments. I provided all the supporting information, but Paypal is closing the dispute in favor of the buyer. Excerpt from PayPal rules: ***Paypal Policy: To qualify for PayPal Purchase Protection: Use PayPal to complete your payment. Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren’t eligible. Paypal Policy: 13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are NOT eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection: Custom made items*** Do the Paypal rules even work? What can I do now to challenge the decision? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dmi3j 

Appeal??

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dmi3j 

Appeal??

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dmi3j
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thank you very much for the reply! I communicated with support and received the following reply: "I have reviewed all 3 cases and can see that they have not been resolved in either party's favor yet as they are still open and active. This means that the buyer has not been refunded at this time and the funds remain on hold whilst the cases are ongoing. We sent you an email today for each case requesting you to provide a return address for the buyer. I kindly advise responding to the cases with this information before 26th January. You can do so via the Resolution Center". The dispute is indeed not definitively closed, the 3 emails I received today for each dispute stated the following: "A refund in the amount of will be awarded to the buyer once the item is returned to you in its original condition. The buyer is responsible for return postage and packing costs. You’ll need to reply to this message and let us know the address you would prefer the merchandise be shipped to. If we don’t receive a reply, the following address will be provided to the buyer". Which in my opinion can't mean anything other than that the dispute will be closed in favor of the buyer once I receive the item back. Or am I wrong?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.