Permanently limited TWICE, balance is zero

Fede2021
Contributor
Contributor

Dear AlI, I have an account in UK, used it to receive funds always sent as F&F. I never never had a dispute. Every time I was asked to provide bank statement, ID and proofs of address I did and the account worked well. Suddenly on May 16, 2022 the account was permanently limited for abuse of terms of use. No clear details of what was the abuse were offered. Therefore I waited 180 days for the funds to be eligible for withdrawal.
On May 27, 2023 I receive an email stating that funds were eligible for withdrawal, to the attached bank account I always withdrew to.
I had to call customer service to change the phone number as after 6 months I didn't have the old number associated with the account. I did that , then logged in and transferred all the funds, about 2000 GBP, to the bank account. This is what happened afterwards:
1. funds never reached the bank account, balance is still zero;
2. I received again the same emails as 6 months ago, stating the account will be frozen for another 180 days. So it has been permanently limited TWICE;
3. a phone call to customer service verified that the account has been indeed limited again for 180 days and that withdrawal will be possible in Jan 2024
4. no answer was given to the question related to the missing funds: as the balance is zero, there will be nothing to withdraw in Jan 2024;
5. so the question remains: where did the funds go?
After the first 180 days I was entitled to withdraw the funds and discard the account, as I apparently did something to abuse the terms. But now the funds are not in the balance, so I would like to know where they are and how I can withdraw them.
Thank you for your attention,

Betty

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fede2021 

Sounds as if you abused the terms and conditions of your paypal account by receiving payments via the friends/family option instead of goods/services. This negated your buyers buyer protection and enabled you to evade paying your paypal fee.

As for your account limitation and funds only customer services can advise you on that one and do a possible trace.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fede2021 

Sounds as if you abused the terms and conditions of your paypal account by receiving payments via the friends/family option instead of goods/services. This negated your buyers buyer protection and enabled you to evade paying your paypal fee.

As for your account limitation and funds only customer services can advise you on that one and do a possible trace.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.