Joyuicoltd purchase- Scammers

TracyK57
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently purchased from joyuicoltd and notice on posts that they are possible scammers, my payment has been taken but nothing has shipped yet so is it possible to reverse the payment please

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TracyK57 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hawaiian_c
Contributor
Contributor

Wait if this company has this issue should pay pal advise not to make payment? I'm confuse? Why is PayPal not make a 1,2,3 strike system to filter out these scams? Because like me I would never know.. yet there advertising and costing PayPal money to pay people back knowing 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hawaiian_c 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hawaiian_c
Contributor
Contributor

I think your missing the point. I get what your saying but if you not realizing by going through you they are bypassing all that info can look legit be real but all that can change in blink in eye after you paid.. just saying safety so you PayPal don't get scam you need protecting system to protect the consumers but right now just saying those things dose not change that a person is using you as a shield aponzi scheme per say using PayPal name and functionality for there own benefit.. unless you are excepting to provide safe haven for them over the consumer? Because by saying what you saying and not look in to the company and not give some protection to consumer. Thus people should not rely on you for the services your providing, just saying choose your words carefully if you want people use you to trust you you need cut these company's weed them out and you need do that on complaint bases not by if the company is legitimate and not scamming people..

I mean look all this complaints of one company you don't think there's a issue with them? Just saying 

just saying trying help you be a better company that's all your service is ideal but when comes to scams lot people know your first person they can use to take advantage of that will be your down fall already lot of people saying that and just saying. People know about those things you reply to me  but the thing is well dose not mean nothing because it can be legitimate and people still can be scammed..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hawaiian_c 

Think your missing the point, got nothing to do with me, just telling you how things work.

Even credit cards don't vet their merchants, they give you some protection just like paypal but you can get scammed using ''any'' payment processing company.

It's buyer aware and risk assess your own transactions. 

I don't provide a 'service' as I just like you do not work for paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hawaiian_c
Contributor
Contributor

That's my point and you giving that info dose not help only way you can help is to flag that company for potential fraud but they not im not talking to you I'm also talking to PayPal.. because if you keep posting that and scammer made all legit but still scam the person that just like your saying oh well to bad for you..

I mean what you just said just prove my point and something needs to change..

I mean look at dates on this post clearly it's not working and buy time someone finds out it's too late that's why I'm saying this and I bet it waste of your time and PayPals money..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hawaiian_c 

If you choose online shopping from China you have to risk assess your transaction.

That is your responsibility not Paypals, not your banks, not your card issuers, just you.

Personally I would not buy from China, mostly tat or fake or you never get it.

As for 'knowing' it's easy enough to check out a website and spotting bad ones from the information that I use above.

I didn't need to be told, those were the things I checked out automatically when starting online buying.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hawaiian_c
Contributor
Contributor

That's what you not understanding thanks to vpn and other tech like it not there fault if the one turns blind eye if  he or she dose not know if product is sold from China or not. That's my point agin you proving how PayPal going view this look at comments people did not know it was a company from China at times like this you think some want to knowing one person said he thought it was company in US but find out it was not.. and look how paying gives no warring it takes you directly to payment no info about the cashier because PayPal put them front and center..it's PayPal responsible if product or merchant is safe because you deal with payment legally because we give you well PayPal the money to pay for the product how I know this parts it's same as action people or like western union this why there strict knowing the by laws and you or PayPal is like them dealing with transactions.. there for PayPal is accountable for payment because if that wasn't true eBay and among others well wouldn't be in hot seat with PayPal not taking responsibility knowing it's illegal even by sing contract to with held a product if the payment is made which we do automatically through you.. I mean common im trying help PayPal even you by saying this knowing there's better way to prevent things like that

Login to Me Too

Orvar
Contributor
Contributor

I was wandering if it was the same as i bought from i bought wardrobe organizer, i found this on facebook but cant find them again, i paid and it seems to be that they have shipped it out but that was over month ago and still havn´t got anything  then like you while i was trying to find them i found those post about they where scammers ??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.