cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS "American Coradius Internacional LLC" scam???

Options
safesafesafe
New Community Member
Posted on

Today I received a letter from these people who told me that I had a PayPal debt of 905 dollars, with a web address to go and log me in with some numbers, which were in the letter. I would like to know what you think of this?

39 REPLIES 39

Options
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@safesafesafe 

That's PayPal's debt collector. ACI. Do you owe 905 dollars? Call PayPal customer service about your account and if it sends you directly to debt collection company then you have to get that sorted. If you have no reason to believe you owe this, delete the email.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Options
Jonny316
Contributor

That is not correct. I called PayPal customer service and explained the whole matter. Was told they had no idea what I was talking about and that I had to contact 'PayPal Credit' and gave me their phone number. Called that number and was (eventually) told that it had nothing to do with PayPal Credit that there was no reason to have been referred to them by customer service.

Bottom line is that to protect yourself you ->have<- to write these ACI fraudsters and dispute the debt, otherwise they can claim it was a valid debt because you did not dispute it. While many people say that ACI is authorized to handle PayPal collections - the people at PayPal customer service AND PayPal Credit both said that they had never heard of them and this "must be a fraud". Worse - to CYA you have to send the dispute letter via registered mail so it will cost you about $10 to send a dispute letter and obtain proof that you did.

While it may not be PayPal's fault that the fake debt was issued to their 'authorized collection agency', since this fraud has been going on since around 2016 you would hope that their customer service department - not to mention PayPal Credit - would have some basic knowledge about these ongoing fraudulent collection attempts being done in their name.

Options
ESR3

Call PayPal they will confirm this is a scam and fraud

Options
princesswaldren
New Community Member

I believe it's not a scam, but fraud.

An account was set up in my mother's name, but the e-mail address that was associated with the account did not match my mother's e-mail addresses.  We now have a letter from Aermican Coradius International LLC (which is a legitimate collection agency that PayPal uses) stating she owes $313.81.

Going to work with PayPal to get the account closed and deleted.

Options
TahjGFX
Contributor
Hello this is regarding what you did to solve your problem I am in the same situation looking for a solution. Thankyou.

Options
sarahzabriskie1
New Community Member

I got a letter today too reporting I owed $198.58, very scary .... same company and saying PayPal...

Options
jrh11254
Contributor
Just got a letter from Coradius today saying I owed $119.95 with PayPal listed as, “creditor.” Checked my PP account and have a balance of $0.00.

Options
TahjGFX
Contributor
Hello I am in the same situation. I would like to know how you handled ACI and what you did to solve the problem.

Options
TahjGFX
Contributor
Hello I would like to know what you did to solve this problem considering I am im the same situation what should I do?

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.