IS "American Coradius Internacional LLC" scam???

safesafesafe
New Community Member

Today I received a letter from these people who told me that I had a PayPal debt of 905 dollars, with a web address to go and log me in with some numbers, which were in the letter. I would like to know what you think of this?

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

LLSLLS
Contributor
Contributor

American Coradius Internacional LLC. Their website has been suspended.

Login to Me Too

noahismith
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_JonK TLDR: How can I reach out directly to the collections team? The article you linked is "What should I do if my balance is negative?" I don't think that is relevant, maybe out of date?

A general note:

I had immense difficulty yesterday with the main customer support line, even after asking them directly for the collections department. One even told me they DON'T use ACI which I know to be false. I have more time to talk today and will keep trying to get ahold of the right person.

This fraud has been reported on this forum (users creating fake accounts with compromised information) for 3+ years. The scary thing is depending on the account type PayPal may or may not report it to the credit bureaus. I have to wait 3 months before it gets sent to collections and hope they believe the debt doesn't belong to me. What's to stop this from happening to me again once resolved?

Login to Me Too

kworsham
Contributor
Contributor
I would to assist with this as well because they won’t leave me alone either. Let me know how I can help
Login to Me Too

klaatu144
Contributor
Contributor

I too received a threatening letter foi collection $1773 . This is very unlikely as I have a paypal account but NEVER any credit account.  Its only a linked account to pay.  This is outright fraud and will need to calm down before I send them to collectors hell. I owe pay NOTHING and never did

Login to Me Too

freakingid
Contributor
Contributor

I received a letter from "American Coradius International LLC" (ACI) also, attempting to collect money on behalf of PayPal. In my case, I did owe PayPal the amount mentioned. (Due to a strange refund reversal which I didn't know about, but that is another story.)

I started to pay ACI on their website to just be done with it, but their online payment gateway looks sketchy. There are template tags in their HTML pages that haven't even been filled out right (they still show the tag name, not any real value.)

Anyway, after contacting Paypal through "Messages" and explaining, I was told to settle the issue at PayPal, and not to worry about the ACI folks. A quote from the Message here:

> With regards to this American Coradius International LLC your saying ignore those. Just wait for the result since you already settled PayPal account. Anyway we will notify you about your PayPal account status.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Better Business Bureau says ACI is legit, but I'm thinking there is something fishy about this particular "notification."

We shall see if this is the end of the story, or if ACI continues to try collecting.

Login to Me Too

SteveSch
Contributor
Contributor

I got a similar letter. This is definitely a scam.

I'm going to notify the real ACI, just to cover my own behind, and then I'm going to notify the USPS. This is mail fraud and really should be reported.

For reference, the envelope it came in was metered and came from ZIP code <removed>.

Login to Me Too

kstrick2
Contributor
Contributor

I got a letter as well.  When I called the company to dispute it, they said that they needed to transfer me to another department.  I was on hold for over 5 minutes before I hung up.  My PayPal balance is 0!  I don't even have a PayPal credit account.  This must be a fraud or scam.

Login to Me Too

catstks
New Community Member

I received a letter like this today. I do not have an account with the number they provide. This seems fraudulent.

Login to Me Too

Got a collection letter for 25000 owe to PayPal I don't owe anything
Login to Me Too

Krlk83
New Community Member
I received a letter from Amer Coradius Int saying I owe $3971.70. What should I do? That is not true.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.