IS "American Coradius Internacional LLC" scam???

safesafesafe
New Community Member

Today I received a letter from these people who told me that I had a PayPal debt of 905 dollars, with a web address to go and log me in with some numbers, which were in the letter. I would like to know what you think of this?

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Les26
Contributor
Contributor
I went ahead and researched the company and did not call the number in the letter. I calle[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and they forwarded me to the correct department. I was told all it takes to open a PayPal is a name, address and email address. They read to me the address the account was opened with and it was not mine. They said I did not need to do anything further they would report to PayPal and would not be contacting me again. They did not ask for any personal information call was not suspicious. Seems like this happens a lot. She said it was common because your address and name are public information. Very sad PayPal does not do more to confirm identity on these accounts.
Login to Me Too

kar718
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean by Removed Phone #s not permitted?? I just got a letter today from them and I owe paypal nothing.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! Welcome to the PayPal Community. 

@kar718, I'm sorry for any confusion there. If you see " [removed] " or "Removed Phone #'s...", that's our moderators removing a phone number from the Community Forum as we do not allow phone numbers, email addresses, and other personally identifiable information. You can read more in our Community Forum Rules & Guidelines. In regard to the letter you received, I would recommend reaching out to ACI through their site / contact information listed in my post above. 

@JamesG56, thanks for reaching out! I would recommend reaching out to ACI as well through their contact information listed above. 

Good luck everyone!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JamesG56
New Community Member
Just got this. Said I owe on a PayPal business account. Well I don’t have one of those
Login to Me Too

ESR3

YES THIS IS FRAUD. They sent me a letter.  I contacted PayPal and they confirmed that it was fraud.b

Login to Me Too

Temp20230509f
New Community Member

I received a letter from this place too. Paypal says it is a scam. The account number and amount did not match.  DO NOT CALL OR SEND THEM ANYTHING

Login to Me Too

noahismith
Contributor
Contributor
Please be carful and make sure you distinguish between fraud and a (scam/phishing) attempt. You should limit communications to PayPal in case it is a scam, but I called PayPal multiple times and they gave conflicting info. One person told me it was a scam and one person took a bit more time to listen to me and we found an account recently opened with my compromised info that was confirmed in collections. Aka identity theft. You need to do your due diligence, don't just assume scam and ignore. The debt collector letter I received had a reference number and a PayPal account number. Make sure you have PayPal look up the account and see if it's in collections. Also this doesn't show up on your credit report immediately.
Login to Me Too

tomauch
Contributor
Contributor

All my passwords were hacked back in early Dec, 23. I (VERY FORTUNATELY) saw that my PayPal had a NEW charge that day of $1150 for a GOFUNDME. Total fraud charge!!! I immediately got online with a PP chat rep and informed them it WAS NOT ME. He said too late, already paid and my account went negative. I opened a dispute case and just recently (after a month) was informed that my case was denied. What? I have the chat transcript of me pleading with PP not to pay that charge from Dec 13, the day of the charge. How could PP not rule in my favor. Furthermore I didn't even know that the charge was till pending until American Coradius served me with collection papers Jan 29 24. I called PP again and the representative said she couldn't believe that my case wasn't resolved in my favor and said she will re-file to open it back up. And that's where we stand, still showing a negative balance in my PP account and the collection agency after me. Looks like American Coradius is legit but when I told them of my case today on the phone the representative mysteriously cut me off 2 times and on call backs couldn't reach her. Something fishy is going on!. But lesson learned from 2nd PP rep today was that even if your case is lost, you can call to re-open. Will keep u guys posted!

Login to Me Too

Babydjmidas
New Community Member

I was also sent one but for 200 bucks and i have no debt on my account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.