I have proof item wasnt shipped to me, Paypal wont reopen claim

ramansridharan
New Community Member

I opened a claim because teh seller was fraudulent (no confirmation email, no tracking, their website dissappeared from the internet).

The seller provided a tracking number to Paypal, and Paypal closed it.

I filed a claim with UPS regarding that tracking number, and got the actual shipping address - it was never shipped to me, just another random address in my city.

Paypal will not let me reopen the claim.  Is there anything at all I can do?

It appears paypal just protects these scammers, just because they can prove that something was shipped to the city I live in.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ramansridharan,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues with a recent dispute. I'd recommend reaching out to UPS to request a document showing that the package was not delivered to your address. They normally cannot confirm which address it was delivered to, and thats fine. Its just important to confirm the package was not delivered to the address posted in Transaction Details of your purchase. 

Once you have that documentation, please reach out to our Customer Support teams to request an appeal. They can be reached by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.