Dispute about bad received object, but nothing was sent yet.

WimRoskam
New Community Member

This is something that begins to look like fraud to me.

Let me try to explain briefly.

1. I got an order for an item (value about € 75 euros) from the USA. Btw... I live in the Netherlands.

2. As the customer address is practically on the doorstep of one of our resellers (only 10 miles apart) I suggested to order with them, saving shipment cost and shipment time. And I would do a full or a partial refund, whatever is needed. No problem. Done this before.

3. I get no reaction, also not to a second email, but 2 days later a dispute was opened, claiming that the object that I sent is malfunctioning or damaged. But I didn't send anything, as I'm awaiting a reply.

4. I reacted on the Paypal dispute form and referred to the 2 emails  that I sent, and again I offered a full refund.

5. No reaction, no communication followed, until

5. Two days later I got a Paypal follow up that the item was shipped 'back' to me, providing a UPS tracking code. But... I can't track this number, not by UPS and also not by USPS, which is by my knowledge common USA shipping agent.

6. I wanted to contact Paypal, but the only option they give me is to confirm that I've received the parcel.

I now don't think refunding like I suggested to do, is a smart thing anymore, as it would indicate that I acted wrongly as a salesman, infuencing my reputation.

My question to you is: can this be some kind of fraud attempt?

Thanks

Wim

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.