Account Limitation without Chance to Appeal

retfpc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm a new ecommerce retail novelty business and I recently set up a Paypal business account to offer Paypal payments on my site. However, my Paypal business account was limited on December 31 (“Account features have been deactivated”, “We’re unable to continue processing payments for this account”). I suspect it was due to “inconsistent financial performance in this account” being multiple refunds that I made to myself during payment testing and troubleshooting on my ecommerce store between Dec 17 2023 - Dec 21 2023.. I can see no other reason for the limitation. My store began accepting valid customer Paypal payments for orders on 12/24/2023. How can I appeal this limitation? I called these two customer service numbers, but could not get through to a representative: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call and [removed]

I reached out to customer service yesterday explaining the situation by message and the deactivation email, to request a second opinion. I don't think the limitation is permanent (not sure), but if it is, how is that reasonable without any forewarning or opportunity for me to provide additional info for appeal? This is frustrating and debilitating to try and scramble to find and setup another payment solution for customers. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Willvictim
Contributor
Contributor

The same has happened to me I have had this account for over 15yrs and now they just closed it and will not tell me why. All I got from them on the phone was I was inconsistent with the user agreement and could no longer use PayPal services. What a way to run a business not telling people why. I cannot work out why as I have not done anything different over the last 15yrs.

Login to Me Too

nmwangi
New Community Member

how do i resolve this?

You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Based on this decision, if applicable, you are no longer eligible for PayPal Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nmwangi 

You have been permanently banned from using paypal so unfortunately nothing to resolve. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jaerah_02
New Community Member

I created my account when I was below 18 y.o, as I was not aware that I had to be 18 (thought I could have a student account) What if they sent an email before that said I can contact them once I turn 18? Who do I contact?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hi @Jaerah_02

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I understand you had created your PayPal account before you turned 18, but it sounds like you're now over 18. That's great! Please reach out to Customer Support through one of the options listed on our Help Center here. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or Instagram at instagram.com/PayPal. You can also send a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

Best wishes! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

retfpc
Contributor
Contributor

@Willvictim I don't understand this practice either. I am still trying to resolve my issue, but it is seeming like mine may also have been a permanent limitation. It seems like I may be forced to use another payment solution, but it is upsetting to be barred from offering Paypal as a payment option to customers. This current system needs to change to allow for timely and responsive appeal process and resolution. Very upsetting.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @retfpc, @Willvictim, @nmwangi, and @kernowlass

Thanks for stopping by and posting the PayPal Community Forum! 

I'm sorry to hear you've all received limitations, @retfpc, @Willvictim, and @nmwangi. If your account was not permanently limited, please visit this Help Center article to learn more about how to resolve a limitation within your Resolution Center or Customer Identification Portal. To review some of the more common documents that are requested, please check out this article as well. 

Permanent limitations cannot typically be overturned because a complete account review is conducted before they're placed. When the reason for a limitation can be provided, it is included in the limitation email and your Resolution Center. It isn't common for a permanent limitation to be overturned, but you are always welcome to request that a second review be conducted on the account. To do so, please reach out to Customer Support by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. You can also find Customer Support on X (Twitter), Facebook, and Instagram private messages. 

I hope this information helps!

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Willvictim
Contributor
Contributor

Just more useless information that takes you on a round the world trip with no outcome in the end other than time wasted. You would think I am asking an unrealistic question when all I want to know is WHY?

I no longer care I will not support a company that cares so little about its customers so it's good riddance to PayPal.

Remember we have other options start using them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willvictim 

Paypal state that they don't have to give you a reason, also what would be the point if you are already banned?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.