refund case closed without me getting a refund: why?

robertlam
Contributor
Contributor

I bought and paid for goods from a seller using the 'goods and services'. After paying and sending the tracking number, nothing was sent. Later on seller said she is keeping the item. I asked for refund but she didn't give it. I filed a dispute and shortly afterwards Paypal closed the dispute. The case ID is "PP-R-JIU-464817778". When it said it is closed, it said "you don't with to proceed with this case". (see screenshot [removed]) I never closed the dispute! How come I am not getting a refund after getting ripped off? Please advise.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robertlam 

If you opened a dispute then you had up to 20 days to try and sort things out with the seller.

If during that time the seller does not respond or you are not happy then you have up to that 20 days to escalate the dispute to a claim.

If you don't escalate the dispute to a claim so paypal can get involved then it will auto-close.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

robertlam
Contributor
Contributor

I opened the dispute and 2 hours later got an email from paypal that said it was closed by me. But I DID NOT CANCEL the case...I don't know what happened!?!?  See this image? [removed]

It's like it got automatically canceled or somehow the seller was able to scam me.

Please help...how can I get back my money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.