open a closed case

brerpossum
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something online and then read that they might be scamming people so came straight in to Paypal to stop the payment.

After some time of waiting and not receiving anything the case was closed.

Since then I have been in touch with the people via email as it kept showing my purchase as sitting ready to be shipped, I emailed and asked what was happening and got an email to say the order was cancelled. 

Naturally I asked for my money back, they said yes you will get a refund, I am still waiting and cant access the closed case and cant open a new one.

Any ideas on how to get round this?

I suspect that is how they scam you.

Thanks Vicki

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brerpossum 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction, which it was.

Why didn't you open a dispute for non receipt of item if you didn't get it OR not as described if you got it and it was not so.

You can't cancel a completed payment by selecting that you were hacked !

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brerpossum 

Which dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did paypal close it because the seller sent fake tracking?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

brerpossum
Contributor
Contributor

Case Closed: Transaction not covered

Case ID: PP-I-16281777
Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.  We've noted the account changes you reported with this case.
Case details

Dispute reason

Unauthorized access

Case Status

Closed

Date reported

19/08/2021

Transactions not refunded
We have been unable to provide any refund on the transactions listed.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brerpossum 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction, which it was.

Why didn't you open a dispute for non receipt of item if you didn't get it OR not as described if you got it and it was not so.

You can't cancel a completed payment by selecting that you were hacked !

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.