You can no longer use Paypal anymore?

Bradgt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a long time user of Paypal and I just got a email saying my account violated fair use and it said at the bottom that they do not let users pay for sexual activity or content.  I have never used paypal for any such thing that I can recall and I know for a fact I have never used my paypal account to pay for an adult site for the past few years.  I am going over my activity and the last years its just been buying video games and PC parts and recieving money from freinds.  At first I thought it was a spoof email but I logged into my account and sure enough I have a notice in the bell symbol and paypal my account is limited and it says it is permanent.  It has no resolution steps and states if I have money in my account in a few months or so they will email me on how to get it out.  Is this normal?  It has to be a mistake?  You can clearly see my activity has no violations of the fair use policy.  Its all just purchases of digital games and products like services from games and microsoft and money owed from friends and family.  If it was a spoof why would I get a notice in my actual paypal account?  I am just shocked.  It says I can no longer use Paypal!  What should I do?  Contact paypal to get a reason or something?  I am just shocked here folks.  I have done nothing wrong unless spending money buying normal things like a credit card does or recieving money from family is a violation then paypal is never going to work for anyone..

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

Tresna_
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, and it still happens till this day. Thank you soo much pay pal! My whole commission now is just a *beep* digital numbers that I can't withdraw.

Login to Me Too

Jaenct24
Contributor
Contributor
ME TOO IT SAYS I VIOLATED THE RULES I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER VIOALTING ANY RULES! OMYGOODNESS PLEASE HELP US. MY FUNDS IS STILL THERE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN????
Login to Me Too

dhoxtot
Contributor
Contributor

The same happened to me. My acct is around 10-11 years old. I only used it to purchase games or received my salary if bank wire is having issue. Now it says I can't use it anymore as I engaged in selling sexual contents/materials which I'm not aware of. I think it's unfair for us users if we didn't really violate their TOS. I asked them for the specific transactions that caused my ban but they keep saying no further detail will be provided.

Login to Me Too

Tiffynokr51
Contributor
Contributor
You cant do anything...they are doing this to thousands of people. I think they are just picking who ever and then stealing there money to be honest. I have been with paypal well over 10 years. Never ever have I had a problem then out of no where im permanently limited and cant access almost 1,600.00 that I have in my account. Then when you do everything they tell you do and send all the papers they requested they just ignore you and keep your money. Paypal is a bunch of lying thieves and I pray to God there will be a class action law suit. This has got to be one of the biggest scams I have ever seen. Do you people not realize how bad you're messing innocent peoples lives up? I busted my **bleep** working to earn that money so I could pay my bills and now because of you my bank account is in the neg. And all my bills are being declined. How in Gods name is that even legal?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tiffynokr51 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.