Thank you PayPal for refunding my multiple 5 digit fraud cases.

ZaphodBeblebrox
New Community Member

I simply want to post to the community that paypal does protect the little guy.  In September 2021 I made several 5 digit purchases on eBay and ecrater. Mercari, and other websites to obtain inventory.  All 6 of them were scams, and tried to get away with sending  Fedex and ups tracking  labels that said they were delivered.  Initially PP closed them in their favor, as i had checked the wrong  issues on my submission. I called up a rep, and they changed ithe case info.  Then helped me upload PDF's  of screen copies of false addresses from fedex and ups, as well as the  shipping labels of invoices that the scammer said was the delivery. Such as a 3 oz overnight envelope,  with a single piece of paper that was supposed to be 100lbs of materials.  I filed my cases in October and i am happy to say that as of today all 6 were resolved with full refund.  I will admit at first i was very very nervous, but I kept trusting in PayPal's commitment to protect buyers, and my bank CC despt also told me to trust in paypal's proccess. I diid kept emailing and calling every other week talking to different reps, but it really was not needed, they were simply doing a very accurate and thorough review. PayPal stand behind it's word, and I will thus continue using Paypal, and expand my business with them. You may use my case and feed back for reference to others. 

Now to be fair if your trying to run business, or shortcut PP and ebay and others to save $$, and are not going thru their proccess, such as using bitcoin or friends and family for business usage, and you get scammed then that is your fault, not theirs.  Always submit a purchase order thu paypal with the sellers name address and phone number, also obtain a valid # that you can contact teh seller via text, or phone.  Yes they may be fake, but you did your part you documented to the best of your ability in the P.O. when you submitted in good faith.  

Some things i learned: 1. PP will auto release your funds after 21 days. So if the shipper can not deliver before 21 days, with ID validated signature release only at  teh address on the PP Purchase order, then do not do business with them.

2. Limited time only 60%+ off if you order online only, and yiou cannot talk to a human 1st . SCAMM alert do not order , pass and save your time.

3. Any company today that says it's  agains their policy for a visual zoom/teams/webex session before closing the deal, is also a scamm, stay away from them.

4. upload all info to PP to your case. Convert all email  to PDF, export all texts to PDF, also contact  local sheriff and FBI and state prossecutors case submission forms  to PDF, submitt fedex, and ups delivery info to pdf, and also screen captures of cases that you open with them to PDF. 

5. You can repopen closed cases. If you were honest on your purchase sise and show them this they will get you your money back.

I hope this helps those anxiously waiting on refunds hope and guidance, as well as those new to Paypal. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.