Spade and Co. Scam or legit?

georgja41
New Community Member
Recently took a chance buying a smartwatch online from Spade and Co. Item shows shipped but I’m skeptical based on BBB complaints. Has anyone had experience with this vendor?
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi georgja41, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If you purchase an item using PayPal, and the item is not received, or the item received differs significantly from the original listing, you are covered under the Buyer Protection Policy. More information on the Buyer Protection Policy offered by PayPal, please review this link - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/what-is-paypal-buyer-protection-and-how-am-i-covered-faq645...

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

ralphrich
Contributor
Contributor

Avoid this company.

the Watch quit after 1 week. I returned the watch; it was received over 5 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them, They don't answer phone or respond to my Emails.

You can easily test this warning by trying to contact them using info on their website.

Login to Me Too

Q9ISjHg7
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with your review.  I had a similar experience.  Customer service is virtually nonexistent and the product began failing within 30 days and was never accurate in Blood Pressure and Heart Rate reporting.  

AVOID THIS COMPANY AND PRODUCT!

Login to Me Too

Daisy4me
Contributor
Contributor

On 4 March on-line I ordered a smart watch with ss band for a total of $87.48.  Having not received the items, on 18 March I cancelled by an email to Spade.  In response, I received an email saying the items were underway and was given a tracking number.  I followed this tracking number for a few days and it showed no progress in the shipping.  The Spade telephone had no message and only played music.  I again cancelled but got no response.  In the meantime, I tried using the PayPal resolution center but had no luck and became very frustrated with their site.  On 14 April the items finally arrived from Spade but with a strange sender address.  I have emailed Spade asking for a correct return address to get a  refund.  This seller does not appear to be a legitimate business.  I wonder if I will ever hear back from them.  BUYER BEWARE.     

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi @Daisy4me, thanks for posting to our Community. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with a purchase. If the item(s) you received were not as described, we can help with that. Please use the 'Contact' link or send us a message through your Message Center, and we'd be happy to look into this further with you. -Adam

Login to Me Too

Q9ISjHg7
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a watch as a gift in November and immediately canceled the purchase.  Here is the email exchange with Spade and Co.

11/19/2021

I placed an order 11/19/2021 @ 11:25pm for a Health Smartwatch 2 in Black Aluminum.  Please cancel my order #111992 and refund $68.88 to my American Express card.

Thank you!

11/19/2021

Hi ,

We've received your request.

We'll get back to you as soon as possible between Monday and Friday, 9 am-5 pm (PST). In the meantime, feel free to visit our FAQ for info and troubleshooting tips.

Thanks!

The Spade & Co Team

12/3/2021

Per my email below I requested this order #111992 be canceled and my American Express card be refunded $68.88.

The order was delivered today.  Please send return instructions.

No return instructions were received so I reluctantly wrote it off as not worth the effort.  I is now 3 months later.  The Blood Pressure and Heart Rate were never accurate and after 60 days it stopped recording daily steps taken.  Now it intermittently powers up but does not respond to screen touch or swipes.  

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!  THE PRODUCT AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE TERRIBLE!

Login to Me Too

Q9ISjHg7
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience trying to immediately cancel the product within minutes of purchase and the same results when it arrived a couple of weeks later.  Now the product does not work!

AVOID THIS PRODUCT AND COMPANY!

Login to Me Too

Q9ISjHg7
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience.  Don't trust this company...and, by the way, when it finally arrived it only worked for ~60 days.

DON'T TRUST THIS PRODUCT OR COMPANY!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @Q9ISjHg7!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your purchase. Remember that if you paid using PayPal, and the item is not received, damaged or significantly not as described, you could be covered by PayPal Protection. Please click here to find more information about the Buyer Protection Policy. 

Regards, 

María.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.