Someone else has set up an extremely similar email to mine.

Benchwarmer
Contributor
Contributor

When I did not receive some payments coming to me, I inquired and found out the senders found a nearly identical email address to mine--just had the addition of two numbers pertinent to my known I.D.--with MY name and initials prominently displayed.  It appears that it may be a bogus email address set up to hijack payments that are supposed to go to me.  

How can I get MY name and MY initials connected with MY email address on PayPal?  I can warn senders, but I want MY account clearly labeled, as this other person has done with the nearly identical email address.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Benchwarmer 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Benchwarmer 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Benchwarmer
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  I have now messaged via Facebook as well as contacted them via email and chat.  It seems that PayPal is only interested in hearing from users who fall into certain parameters of difficulty, and they have no automated options--the only way to "interact" with them--which fit my situation.  I think my concern is valid, but the only decent response I've received from them is:  "Anybody can set up an account with PayPal."  Evidently they don't see possible siphoning off someone else's name and account as a problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.