How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

Sheila_Gloss
Contributor
Contributor

One of my documents went through in about 24hrs, this second document is still being processed! When I log in it says,  "we're reviewing your documents" and it has been this way for awhile now! This is extremely agravating. I really don't know how long it will take so I just keep hoping it will work evry time I try to log on. I have e-mailed them multiple times and have gotten no help, just automated replies. One even told me to check my messages, which I can't because I can't access my account. I don't even have a way to even call them so I guess I just have to wait.

Login to Me Too

CybR
New Community Member

Same for me, I answered their questions but no way to know how long it will take. I didn't even have the chance to send my documents 😞

Another one said 26 days ? I'll have to find another provider 😞 Any suggestion ?

Login to Me Too

jc85
New Community Member

Why does this seem to take so long, I had never heard of it until my 5 days ago my account was frozen.

Now I've jumped through all the hoops, submitted my personal info and there is just a message saying....

We will review your information. We'll contact you if we have any questions.  

What is this madness! No indication of how long the process will be, no way for us to contact PayPal direct and get them to check the status, I mean how long can it possibly take!! Nobody on the phone is helpful and just palms you off, this is farcicle!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi jc85,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.I am sorry to hear you are having issues lifting your receiving limit. Generally we advise 24-48hours for your documents to be reviewed once they are all received. It can sometimes take a little longer. If you submitted them 5 days ago you should have heard something by now. I would recommend to log in and double check in your resolution centre to see if any additional information may have been requested.

Please let us know how you get on as it may help other members.

Thanks for posting

Paula

Login to Me Too

kellykan
New Community Member

I have uploaded mine and its still saying 'waiting for your response' - I have uploaded them directly via your page - how much longer is this going to take to even accept the documents? They were sent on the 2nd April but still not showing as received

Login to Me Too

Kay-G
New Community Member
My documents have been under review for 2 months now. My Proof of address has been saying being processed for two months. My I'd has been processed and is complete but my bank details which I've uploaded does not say received and being processed. I've tried sending paypal an email but I get no reply. When I tried to confirm my credit card it rejected the code I was given and so uploading my bank details is the only way I can connect my bank account. Is this normal or is there something wrong with paypal cause this service is frustrating I need to pay for ebay items abd apparently paypal processes the credit cards (and my cards been blocked by paypal till they process my bank details) agh..
Login to Me Too

wad11656
Contributor
Contributor

It has definitely been more than 5 days. And what are you talking about!? "Check your resolution center!?" When you log in to PayPal while your documents are being reviewed, all you have is a "Continue" button that just freaking LOGS YOU OUT. You are absolutely, positively stuck with nowhere to go, at the complete mercy of PayPal's slowness and/or negligence. Weeee.

Login to Me Too

Dillz19
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to say this right in front of them.

The support shouldn't be tolerated and something needs to happen to PayPal. The staff are being paid for doing literally nothing. I'm pretty sure it's an act to actually support your customers.

I've called twice about an issue, and emailed over 10 times. Nothing has happened. When we called, we were told actions were going to take place within a day, and the 2nd call was within 10 MINUTES.

There must be another company you can use. A lot of people I know in real life are not using PayPal now, they are using another service. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi All,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear that many of you need to wait for their documents to be reviewed.

The standard review time is 24 – 72 hours. If you are waiting longer, please consider contacting us via phone. In this way we will be able to review your account and help you resolve the matter. To speed up the process, please make sure you’ve provided all information you’ve been asked for before contacting us.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Tonedogg
New Community Member

Thanks for your suggesting that I should call customer support. I have been on hold for over 2 hours now. This is the worst support / service I have ever experienced, would rather wait in line for my driver's license.

This is shamefull service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.