How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

yasinshah
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, it's showing me that I have fulfilled all the requirements and that my documents have been processed, but on top of the page it says "more information required". I don't know what more information is required :S

Login to Me Too

Maccas
New Community Member

Yep i've been in exactly the same situation for over a week now, did the verification but still saying info required. Pull your finger out Paypal you're taking enough money off of us anyway, where's the service?

Login to Me Too

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

For me, the documents haven't even been processed yet! It says it is still in progress, followed by "we will review your information. We'll contact you if we have any questions". It has been this way for 2 weeks! This is extremely frustrating and slow. I have been sitting around like an idiot waiting for this review to finish, and I really don't know how long it will take!

Login to Me Too

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

As an update to this, the receiving limits have now been lifted! I don't know if this post or any of my emails to PayPal helped to speed things up, but to anyone who is wondering it took 16 days for PayPal to review the documents. Although this was indeed painfully slow, all limits are definitely off my account and I can now get back to selling 🙂

I wish everyone luck who had a similiar problem to this

Login to Me Too

gripsoftware
New Community Member

I don't know guys, but I've submitted my documents 26 days ago and it's still "In Progress"...

Login to Me Too

jordannet
New Community Member

i posted my documents 1 year ago and they still reviewing it 

Login to Me Too

xVincent122496
New Community Member

its been almost 2 years now since i uploaded my documents. still waiting for it to be reviewed. no response, whatsoever

Login to Me Too

Gadsond4
New Community Member
Can i ask a question
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.