Had a phone call from payal

Myke81
New Community Member
Had a phone call from “paypal” about suspicious transaction. Do they ever call? They sent me a confirmation code and I got suspicious.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Schae

Hi @Myke81,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I see that you have some valid concerns regarding a call from a party claiming to be PayPal. PayPal has many ways it can alert you of suspicious activity. The most common alert is going to be a SMS notification and it will direct you to login directly to your account. If the phone call was an automated call, you should be able to listen for options to determine if it is legitimate or not. PayPal will sometimes call instead of sending a text message. If you are unsure if you are speaking to a valid PayPal employee, it is best to hang-up and login to your account from the mobile app or an internet browser. You'll review your account Settings and Activity to see if any suspicious actions have been taken. If you find unauthorized activity, please report it right away. Our Help Centre has great directions for doing so! 

If you believe you did receive a suspicious telephone call, here's what to do:

1. Take a screenshot of your phone log showing the telephone number
  2. Email the screenshot to phishing@paypal.com.
  3. Include details of the telephone call, including what the caller stated or asked from you.

If the caller left a voicemail, and you’re able to view a transcript on your mobile device, include a screenshot of it in your email. When you send an email to phishing@paypal.com, you’ll receive an automatic email from PayPal letting you know we received your report. You can review additional phishing details within our account Help Centre: How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website?

I hope this helps! 

Thank you,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.