Dispute issues with paypal

lee1321
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Seeking help, since I am have trouble disputing the issue. I tried to order an item online once I got to the checkout (after entering my information)  it read "Shipper does not ship to your region" So I cancelled the order. 2 Days later I check my PayPal and see that it was charged. I reported it an an unauthorized transaction (since I cancelled it), it still went through. According to PayPal my dispute was closed because I have "a history" of similar transactions (whatever that is supposed to mean). I have contact the sell via email multiple times regarding the status of item. They have provided a tracking number but not the shippers company so that I can check the shipping status. It has been over 20 days and I cannot dispute this item as "item not received" (since I didn't receive it). I have been consistently emailing the seller and still have not gotten any responses.

If i don't receive the item how can I get a refund? (It's near $50 USD)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lee1321 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction which of course it was.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal and see if they will open a second dispute for you for non receipt of item.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KimJoRey
Contributor
Contributor
Similar issue: was paying for a product and the Pay Now button turned into a “Donation”- it went through immediately and couldn’t be undone!! Immediately taken out of my bank account- got the same message as you when I opened a dispute as fraud. They then closed the case and I appealed and just got that answer as closed in the seller’s favor even though they are “unverified”, have a sketchy email and did not respond to Me or Paypal!!’ I just don’t know what to do other than NEVER use Paypal again!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.