Cvmaker.uk scam

Crispacket
Contributor
Contributor

Cvmaker.uk

Went to their site from create a free cv link.

Made a cv, went to download it, site then requests £2.95, ok , I had no time left to make new so paid by Paypal.

Next week they take £14.95. I had at no point noticed agreeing to a subscription. Immediately raised dispute with Paypal, denied within a few hours.

Their most recent reviews on trustpilot are littered with word scam (okay one of those is mine).

Just waited in Paypal customer service chat, gave up after 75mins, at one point the window said new message from agent, but never appeared.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Crispacket
Contributor
Contributor
Also make sure your subscription is cancelled so they don't take more! (easy in PayPal under subscriptions tab)
Login to Me Too

gashade
Contributor
Contributor

I've been fooled into a subscription by them as well. Upon receiving the subscription payment mail from PayPal I immediately contacted their customer service to refund my unwanted subscription, but they declined to.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting to our community! I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with a recurring payment. https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq2058 has information on how to manage or cancel recurring payment profiles you have with a merchant. I would recommend contacting the company regarding a refund, if we weren't able to find in your favor. 

Login to Me Too

Erikhyrkas
Contributor
Contributor

I bought this service for 2 euros and found a better alternative so i did not use it actually then i desided to cancel my subscription via the website, but suddenly i found that today i noticed a 20 euro bill im confused i tried to contact support but this indian guy doesnt even find my email even tho when i login with it i can find it nice way to rip off poor students!

Login to Me Too

AnnaNesterov
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. Total scam! 

Login to Me Too

Trepsenishti
Contributor
Contributor
Please give a bad review at trust pilot google https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/cvmaker.uk?stars=1&stars=2
Login to Me Too

this is a huge scam on internet !
they make you pay 2.95euro to download a cv (1 paper with a simple layout)
then you are stuck with a monthly payment of 14.95euro !!!

watch out people.. the little letters they hide when you give the permission to pay 2.95euro....
in reality it cost you more then 100euro minimum!

unbelievable that a website like this can stay online while they have years and years of bad references of scamming people all over the world.

(except on trustpilot, there they have 5 stars ??? sure they write the references themselves!!??)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.