How To Report A Sandbox Issue
This thread will provide advice on how to report an issue for the most efficient resolution possible.
To report an issue and get official support, we will require the "merchant id" from the account you're reporting an issue with and I've provided instructions below on how to retrieve the merchant id.
Ensure to include the merchant id for your production account if you're reporting a production environment issue or the merchant id for your sandbox account if you're reporting a sandbox environment issue. Do not provide any email addresses as these will be automatically removed.
Platform : PayPal Sandbox (Sandbox Environment)
Issues : Email address confirmation; account verification; login ; account settings / profile; transaction history; reporting or anything else which occurs within a sandbox account.
How to retrieve the merchant ID :
1. For personal / premier or business accounts which are linked and show in your accounts list in your developer account (https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts), locate the account and click on the three dots to the right of the email address and select "view/edit account". A new window should appear and within the "profile" tab you'll see "Account ID" which is the same as "Merchant ID" or "Payer ID". This is the value we required to identify your account, copy and paste the value shown here into your forum post.
(If your sandbox account is not linked to your developer account or does not show in your accounts list in your developer account (https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts), you can still retrieve the merchant id by logging into the sandbox account and following the instructions below)
2. For premier accounts, click on your name which will be shown in the top right-hand side of the page and then click on "account settings". On the left-hand side of the page will show a section called "account options" and within that section you will see "Merchant ID".
3. For business accounts, click on your business name which will be shown in the top right-hand side of the page and then click on "account settings". On the following page, click on "business information" and within that section you will see "Merchant ID".
Platform : PayPal Developer (Production Environment)
Issues : Sandbox account creation, modification or deletion; REST application creation, modification or deletion; Notification issues; API calls or Webhook events sections.
How to retrieve the merchant ID :
First, you will need to login to your production or live PayPal account. Go to the address "https://www.paypal.com" and click on "Login". Enter the email address and password for your production account and login.
1. For premier accounts, click on your name which will be shown in the top right-hand side of the page and then click on "account settings". On the left-hand side of the page will show a section called "account options" and within that section you will see "Merchant ID".
2. For business accounts, click on your business name which will be shown in the top right-hand side of the page and then click on "account settings". On the following page, click on "business information" and within that section you will see "Merchant ID".
3. For personal accounts, these accounts do not have a merchant id and therefore you will need to submit a technical support ticket with your request, as it's not allowed to share public email addresses within these forums. This is to protect your email address from misuse. Submit a support ticket here.
Issues on PayPal Pages (Basic) :
If you're reporting an error which can be seen on a PayPal page, please provide the URL of the page shown in the address bar of your browser and note the date/time in which you experienced the issue and report this in your post or support ticket.
Issues on PayPal Pages (Advanced) :
If you're technically inclined and want to provide more information, open the developer tools menu within your browser (CTRL+SHIFT+I in chrome) and click on the "network" tab. Now go back to the page which is exhibiting the issue and re-produce the issue by performing the same action as you did before when you experienced the issue. Once the error / issue has been shown, go back to the developer tools "network" tab and on the left of the page, look for any name which contains a PayPal domain. For example : www.sandbox.paypal.com
Click on the name / link and another window will appear on the right of the window pane, with the default select tab being "headers". Check the headers section and you should find "Paypal-Debug-Id" and next to it a value such as this example "f63e4bf0357a1". Copy the value and share it within your post or support ticket. This ID enables us to retrieve the log files for the action you were attempting.
Issues with PayPal API's :
If you're reporting an error which is seen in an API response, please provide a copy of the response which should include a "debug id" which will enable us to review our logs for the attempt.
Providing this information in your initial query will help improve our ability to provide you with a satisfactory response time.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article.
Merchant Technical Services
Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Inconsistent behavior between Sandbox and Production in PayPal Payments Standard
- Error creating subscription in sandbox account using js api in REST APIs
- Paypal Sandbox connection issue in Sandbox Environment
- Paypal Integration working fine with sandbox but redirecting to unsuccessfull page with live mode in PayPal Payments Standard
- Paypal SDK not loading in Safari 16.6 in SDKs