Refund.... Tempory hold placed?? yet completed! confused!

Ash_carp
Contributor
Contributor

Please explain whats happening.

I paid for an item off e-bay through paypal via my bank account the item was no longer in stock. The seller told me he had refunded my money which is showing as completed in my transactions yet there is also a "tempory hold... placed" also showing.

The money has been taken from my bank account (today) so am wondering where my refund is?? considering its 'completed'?

Should it go back to my bank account or show up in my paypal balance? and how long will this 'tempory hold' take?

Sorry if i'm missing something.... and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Ash.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ash_carp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Classy!

Put my nerves at rest..... lol

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Ash_carp
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry people!! i jumped in both feet first..lol

Ive found my answer BUT.... now the finds have been taken out of my bank account how long does it take before the refund shows on my pay pal balance?

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Up to five working days.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Ash_carp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Classy!

Put my nerves at rest..... lol

Login to Me Too

JonnyDredge
New Community Member

What was ur solution? I've got the same 'temporary hold' 'placed'....

Login to Me Too

sonyiac
New Community Member

For me Paypal held my money from November 16 until November 25.  I was starting to get worried since it cleared my bank account several days ago but just be patient.  You will eventually get it.

Login to Me Too

swstevewil
Contributor
Contributor

I dont understand the need for this process.

I payed for an item of ebuyer through paypal but was having it delivered to a brothers address. It was a gift for him.

Paypal did not like this alternate address Ebuyer cancelled order.

I am not complaining about this as paypal safegaurding my money from fraud e.t.c.

My issue is Ebuyer refunded immediately so why can't paypal just put my money back to my bank account. No fraud involved. 

What is the temporary hold going to do in this instance? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you so called pay a seller it is not instant.

What happens is that as long as you have a back up debit or c.c. on your account paypal will pay the seller for you so you don't have to wait for your payment to clear through to the seller.

Then paypal will wait for your payment to arrive to paypal to as it were pay them back.

So when you are refunded paypal have to wait for that payment to clear through to them so they can send it back to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

swstevewil
Contributor
Contributor

@Kernowlass Thank you for your reply.

I was not aware of the info that you have supplied but it does make sense.

Cheers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.