Paypal Transactions API

m0bit
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am currently developing an app that lets users track their spending across various platforms (PayPal, BBVA, Santander etc). I came across the transaction search API https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/transaction-search/v1/. However, it seems like this API is to be used for your personal PayPal account. Is there a way to access another user's PayPal transaction history? (with their consent through my app)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @m0bit,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Using Transaction Search API, you can only be able to search / access transaction processed via your PayPal account.

For example, to use this API you need to create REST API credentials(i.e Client ID & Secret) using your PayPal account via developer portal. You can only view transaction history of that particular account.

Use the Transaction Search API to get the history of transactions for a PayPal account. To use the API on behalf of third parties, you must be part of the PayPal partner network. Reach out to your partner manager for the next steps. To enroll in the partner program, see Partner with PayPal. For more information about the API, see the Transaction Search API Integration Guide.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

m0bit
Contributor
Contributor

I have obtained a paypal partner account, however I am still unable to figure out the next steps to carry out what I need. Is there any particular API documentation for paypal partners?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.