Can't find pay in 4 single use card option even after trying to follow help section

drewgt3
Contributor
Contributor

Just as the title describes, I can't figure out how to use the single use card option for pay in 4. I used it once before, and tried looking at the "help" section where it describes exactly what to do, but I can't find it anywhere in the pay later section. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @left4deadstock, @alleycat13, and everyone else,

Thank you all for your posts. I'm sorry that the instructions for applying for the Single-Use Card were not clear. If you've already been approved for Pay in 4, please try these instructions.

From the PayPal App, tap Pay Later on the menu tab, Tap Get Started, enter the amount (between $30 and $1500 USD) and click Continue, confirm your info and Agree and Apply. You'll then need to set up your Autopay repayment funding source and Agree and Continue. There you should see your Single-Use Card number if you've been approved. The guidelines in the FAQ that was linked by @sharpiemarker and @PayPal_Bindu would then apply to the number assigned, including the 24 hour window for use.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

PayPal_JonK

Hello @drewgt3

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some road-blocks finding that single-use card option for Pay in 4. I have loved using my Pay in 4 option on my account recently, so I did some digging and I wasn't able to find that option either. I looked through the mobile and desktop browser experience as well as the mobile app. The closest thing I could find is the option to "Shop with Pay Later" when you click on the three dots in the Pay Later section on your desktop browser experience home screen and it brings you here. I wasn't able to find anything that PayPal is deprecating this option, but it may just be unavailable at this time. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for any updates in the future on this and similar products on that Buy now, Pay later as well as the PayPal Deals page. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I hope you're able to find a Pay Later with PayPal option that suits your needs for this instance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

josedlr00
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I find the single use virtual number ? I have been accepted to use the pay in 4 from Paypal but I can't seem to find the virtual number.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@josedlr00 

Questions about Single-Use Card 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

josedlr00
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the link. But do you know how can I obtain the single use number when I did not got it on the first place? That link is assuming I obtain the single card use.
Login to Me Too

Jonnymott
Contributor
Contributor
I've had the same issue. I used to be able to click a link when I went on the app and it would give me the option to get the virtual card but then it just disappeared. I contacted customer service and they said there was an issue with the coding or something like that and the developers are working on it. That's the only help I could get with it but she said it would be fixed hopefully soon.
Login to Me Too

MxMaou666
New Community Member
Same. I was just able to use it in April but now I have no clue how to find it.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @MxMaou666 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community!

I see you're looking to get Single-Use Card. Once approved for a single-use card number, it will be available in your PayPal wallet for 24 hours and must be used within 24 hours of approval. If it expires, you have to apply for a new one. You can learn more about Single-Use Card here.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

left4deadstock
Contributor
Contributor
Everyone is linking that page but it doesn’t explain where and how to get the single use card in the first place. Anyone got a clue?
Login to Me Too

alleycat13
Contributor
Contributor

How do I apply for the single use card. I am approved for pay in 4 but I need the card for an online purchase

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.