Will removing credit card details stop a pending transaction?

lnkharris
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made an order but needed to cancel it after a few hours. I spoke to customer service on the website but they said that they can only cancel orders within the hour they were made.

The transaction is listed as pending on PayPal, but if I removed the credit card details from PayPayl, would this stop the transaction for the seller?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lnkharris

No, at this point it'd be too late. PayPal keeps a record of all bank and card linked to PayPal accounts. If not, how would they be able to track whether they've been used on another PayPal account? 

Call your card issuer to ask if they can decline that charge because you wanted to cancel and the merchant wouldn't. Have merchant name and amount on hand.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lnkharris

No, at this point it'd be too late. PayPal keeps a record of all bank and card linked to PayPal accounts. If not, how would they be able to track whether they've been used on another PayPal account? 

Call your card issuer to ask if they can decline that charge because you wanted to cancel and the merchant wouldn't. Have merchant name and amount on hand.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lnkharris
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.