Will my subscriptions cancel or continue?

oldjawa
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly,

I know you can cancel subscriptions/recurring payments within the PayPal interface.

I pay for a subscription that costs $20 a year, and currently have $5 balance.

I have no funding source in place, (card/bank account etc), only a PayPal balance.

What would happen if I keep the subscription active, and they tried to charge me, even though I lack the funds?

Would I be charged and be put into a negative balance, or would the charge attempt simply fail?

Again, I have no funding source in place - not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

oldjawa
Contributor
Contributor

Still looking for help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dani

Hello @oldjawa,

Thank you for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forums. Depending on what funding sources are available there can be different outcomes. When there is not enough money available in the PayPal balance, and there are no funding sources, the payment would decline. Now that being said, if you added a funding source such as a card, then the payment could be pulled from one of those sources.

If interested, you can link a card or bank using the information found within these PayPal Help Center articles: How do I link a bank account to my PayPal account?How do I add, update, or remove a card?

I hope this answers your questions, and helps you with your subscription.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.