PayPal Virtual Key charges source account, immediately refunds, & cancels transaction.

Cyberposh
Contributor
Contributor

paypal.PNG

I have been trying to buy a gift for a friend from a foreign website that uses UniTeller to receive payments. Not really wishing to use my normal card, I tried using my Virtual Key. The payment starts processing, I get the text to confirm my identity and do so, then the website says my payment was declined. Strangely, my source credit card account immediately notifies me that the payment has been made, but then refunded instantaneously by PayPal. My PayPal account shows zero activity whatsoever. Naturally, my order doesn't go through.

(I tried paying with a pre-paid VISA, too, and got declined, but without any record of the transaction, unlike previously. So the Virtual Key definitely processes, and even includes the currency conversion charge, but PayPal immediately cancels it without letting me allow it.)

Any help is appreciated; I'd really like to be able to complete this purchase.

Website was the Bolshoi Theater Gift Shop, Russian domain. Payment system is UniTeller, an international company but its Russian domain.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @Cyberposh,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. This is frustrating to see and I too would be a bit annoyed in this situation. From what you have shown and described, it appears the merchant is failing to accept the payment potentially. It may be best if you see whether this item or order can be placed with another merchant. Another option would be to get in contact with us directly to see if an agent can help to identify if there is any issue within our ability to assist with from PayPal's side. To get in contact with us, please visit the PayPal webpage and scroll to the bottom where you'll see 'Contact' listed. Clicking on this will bring you to our Contact Us page where the available methods of contact are provided. We Look forward to assisting you!

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Cyberposh
Contributor
Contributor

Somehow, it worked. I think using Google Chrome's auto-translate is what messed it up; when I used the payment page untranslated on FireFox, it took the virtual card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.