paypal plus credit card info not showing up on paypal.com

karnor
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen where many others have had this same problem, but no one has gotten a fix.  I have been told by Paypal plus (GE Money) that it's not their problem -- Paypal.com has to fix it.  Paypal.com says it's not their problem, Paypal Plus Credit Card has to fix it.  One said that it's supposed be fixed on Oct 3rd and another says Oct 31st.  One said they've not heard there's a problem, another said that they've heard it's because paypal hasn't uploaded files they need to upload.  Everyone blames everyone else or says it's not a problem - yet we can't access our reward points, check for fraudulent activity, or pay on our balance. 

Doesn't *anyone* out there know what's going on and when it's going to be fixed? 

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

McFeely
Contributor
Contributor

Well it was too late for me Olivia. I am glad to see that you have finally been able to move into action on this. I cancelled my account and paid it off. The frustration on dealing with both companies was too much. I threw away abour 15,000 in reward points, but I had to rid myself of a potential threat to my credit score. Good luck I hope you get it sorted out.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Dontknow -

Your most recent conversation with GE - was that the initial linking conversation, or were you reporting that the accounts are not linked for the first time? How long did they ask you to give it to get linked?

Popster -

All that came through was a quote of my post. Were you looking to supply an answer to my question?

saint327 -

Have you yet reported it to the Credit Service Center? I can't take initial reports.

McFeely -

I'm very sorry to hear that, but I really do wish you all the best.

Everyone -

Reposting the recap so it is visible on this page, to avoid confusion for newcomers to the thread:

There are some limits to my ability to influence events depending on where you stand in the linking process.

If you have only recently gotten a credit product, the information may not have propagated yet. The delay for linking may be due to that. Please be patient and wait the initial time estimated by the representative for the initial link to be established. If that time elapses, contact the Credit Service Center to let them know of the problem.

If you haven't yet contacted the Credit Service Center to get your linking issue resolved. Please do so. I'm not able to take initial reports of issues - only the Credit Service Center can do that.

If you have contacted the Credit Service Center previously and the estimated time they gave you for resolution has elapsed, let me know. If you can pinpoint or even estimate the initial date of contact, that would be helpful.

If you have posted on this thread prior to March 2, 2011 and have NOT seen resolution, please let me know.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

den1213
Contributor
Contributor

Responding to 'only recently gotten a product'. . . .

I was approved last week, (about 8 days ago), how long will it take before I can see my (full/or temporary) account on PayPal. When everything is up and running correctly, what should I look for when I search for my PayPal Master Card account? Is there an exact link or button to click to see my account?

Thankyou

I enjoy using Paypal.(It's the new me :-)!

Login to Me Too

pushpaw
New Community Member

Olivia,

I am having the same problem, the link to my PP Extras MC disappeared since I made my payment last month. I did contact Paypal Credit Services, and they said it would take about a week to re-link my card to my account - that was nearly two weeks ago. They said they could send a payment for my MC with my paypal balance, but with a $15 surcharge!

Incredibly frustrating problem to be unable to pay off your credit card. This is maybe the second time this year I've vowed to cancel my card and to stop using PP altogether. 

Any help would be appreciated.

~ Pushpaw

Login to Me Too

cdegiorgis
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem as numerous other cardholders. There is no way to manage the PayPal Extras Mastercard online. I cannot check my balance, view statements, or review recent transactions. Since I am signed up for electronic statements, I have no idea what is being posted to my account. I believe this is illegal and if it is not resolved within 30 days I will be writing my Congressman.

This issue was first raised over a year ago and PayPal has failed to fix it, despite hundreds of posts, phone calls, and emails to Customer Service. Designing a web site is not difficult. Thousands of Credit Card companies manage to do it quite effectively. There are no excuses and this is criminal.

PAYPAL -- FIX THE PROBLEM WITH ONLINE STATEMENTS!

Login to Me Too

nobalance0
Contributor
Contributor

Ive had the same problem about linking my email to my credit card so I can pay online and redeem points.  Somehow my orginal email address that is linked is showing a zero balance and it also shows i have no rewards.   My paper statement via snail mail shows a balance and my points.   Each place i get transfered gives me the run around.  I was just recently told today that there is no way tolink me back up unless i close my account and get another one but i lose my rewards and who wants to close an account.   All i want to do is pay for my paypal extras mastercard online and redeem my points......why cant they just link my credit card pay pal extras with my email...is it that diffficult.   I have numerous emails and nothing is ever fixed.    I have to pay either through the mail or call and pay 15.00.    I cant even acess my past history statements.   I amso frustrated.....over probably 15hours and numerous emails and a year later.

Login to Me Too

ldh15
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone having these problems should contact the Better Business Bureau.

Paypal got so mad at me for my attempts to call and e-mail them that they put a cookie on my computer that kept me from loggin in.

You need to keep records of your phone and e-mail conversations with them. If enough of us complain the BBB will act.

There is a rumor of a major class action suit against PayPal.  I hope it's true. I'll join I've only had the PayPal Extras MasterCard for three months and it's been a nightmare.

http://www.bbbonline.org/consumer/complaint.asp

Login to Me Too

bobnoxous
Contributor
Contributor

I also cannot pay or view my paypal master card info?  My payment is late now what do i do?

Login to Me Too

Popster
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi Popster, and welcome to the forums.

Thank you for letting me know. When did you first contact the PayPal Credit Service Center? Info you give (in one post, please ;)) that helps us accurately pinpoint when the first request date was helps us get the process smoothed out for all users. I appreciate your help.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

nobalance0
Contributor
Contributor

oliva back in september

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.