paypal plus credit card info not showing up on paypal.com

karnor
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen where many others have had this same problem, but no one has gotten a fix.  I have been told by Paypal plus (GE Money) that it's not their problem -- Paypal.com has to fix it.  Paypal.com says it's not their problem, Paypal Plus Credit Card has to fix it.  One said that it's supposed be fixed on Oct 3rd and another says Oct 31st.  One said they've not heard there's a problem, another said that they've heard it's because paypal hasn't uploaded files they need to upload.  Everyone blames everyone else or says it's not a problem - yet we can't access our reward points, check for fraudulent activity, or pay on our balance. 

Doesn't *anyone* out there know what's going on and when it's going to be fixed? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Commoncents - Thank you for your empathetic perspective. I appreciate your appreciation! 🙂 Having to call Customer Service anywhere is no fun, especially if you encounter what you described. I'm really sorry that you've had such a poor experience. We're working on improving the process so linking issues get addressed correctly the first time. For those who have already been through the wringer in this situation, I'm doing what I can to get the situations addressed as quickly as possible. I will pass your info along. Thanks for letting me know!

Everyone - There are some limits to my ability to influence events depending on where you stand in the linking process. I want to reiterate and clarify  -

If you have only recently gotten a credit product, the information may not have propagated yet. The delay for linking may be due to that. Please be patient and wait the initial time estimated by the representative for the initial link to be established. If that time elapses, contact the Credit Service Center to let them know of the problem.

If you haven't yet contacted the Credit Service Center to get your linking issue resolved. Please do so. I'm not able to take initial reports of issues - only the Credit Service Center can do that.

If you have contacted the Credit Service Center previously and the estimated time they gave you for resolution has elapsed, let me know. If you can pinpoint or even estimate the initial date of contact, that would be helpful.

If you have posted on this thread prior to March 2, 2011 and have NOT seen resolution, please let me know.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Amanda411

Hi karnor,

Welcome!

Are you still having trouble seeing your PayPal Extras (formerly PayPal Plus) information?

Amanda

Login to Me Too

lowboylarry
New Community Member

so how do I get my credit card info?

Login to Me Too

ed612beck
Contributor
Contributor

my payment is going to be LATE if I cannot gain access to the Extras Mastercard online.  I have been paperless for quite some time and closed the account 2 years ago and when I did pay by check, paypal mastercard converted them to electronic transfers so I don't have access to a cancelled check and I have no paperwork anywhere that I can find in my house with my account number so I am definitely up a creek without a paddle since I can't call the customer service number because I don't have my account number.  WHEN will the link be back on the paypal account overview page so I can pay my bill???????

Login to Me Too

Popster
Contributor
Contributor

...cannot access account online either and have called them recently and they said would fix in ten (10) days? HUH?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Popster, and welcome to the forums.

Thank you for letting me know. When did you first contact the PayPal Credit Service Center? Info you give (in one post, please ;)) that helps us accurately pinpoint when the first request date was helps us get the process smoothed out for all users. I appreciate your help.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Commoncents
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Olivia,

It is appreciated that you are getting involved. I have tried for over 7 months to view my account on-line working within the framework of the system, no luck, and not worth the trouble. I have cut up my card and moved on.

The systemic problems are:

1. The call center is in India. As noted, the customer service people are very difficult to understand, and also their interpretation of our questions are often misunderstood.

2. Their replies are completely scripted. I politely say they lie. The real reason is they are clueless in addressing any issues relative to the PayPal CC being posted on the PP website.

Olivia if you have not already, please play the role of a CC customer and call customer service. Tell them you want to access to your PayPal CC account on-line. You will find that "Peggy" "Nancy"or "Bob" will:

1. Need to talk to there supervisor (3-5 minutes on hold)

2. They will say they are sorry and this will be corrected in four business days.

As expressed by others in this blog, four days come and go with no results. These bloggers are only not happy, but have expressed real fear this inability to visually review and pay their CC bill will effect the credit scores.

Olivia, I wish you luck. Your manager has really dumped a daunting task on you

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Commoncents - Thank you for your empathetic perspective. I appreciate your appreciation! 🙂 Having to call Customer Service anywhere is no fun, especially if you encounter what you described. I'm really sorry that you've had such a poor experience. We're working on improving the process so linking issues get addressed correctly the first time. For those who have already been through the wringer in this situation, I'm doing what I can to get the situations addressed as quickly as possible. I will pass your info along. Thanks for letting me know!

Everyone - There are some limits to my ability to influence events depending on where you stand in the linking process. I want to reiterate and clarify  -

If you have only recently gotten a credit product, the information may not have propagated yet. The delay for linking may be due to that. Please be patient and wait the initial time estimated by the representative for the initial link to be established. If that time elapses, contact the Credit Service Center to let them know of the problem.

If you haven't yet contacted the Credit Service Center to get your linking issue resolved. Please do so. I'm not able to take initial reports of issues - only the Credit Service Center can do that.

If you have contacted the Credit Service Center previously and the estimated time they gave you for resolution has elapsed, let me know. If you can pinpoint or even estimate the initial date of contact, that would be helpful.

If you have posted on this thread prior to March 2, 2011 and have NOT seen resolution, please let me know.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Dontknow

I'm having the same problems too! This is so frustrating! And after with speaking to those 'non english' speeking folks with GE!!! This will likely cause me to cancel my Paypal card!!!  I'm tired of giving out all my 'vital' information to foriegn people!!!  Come on paypal..........Let's get it together!! Is it really that difficult????  Look at ALL the other people having the same problems!!  If you can't get it figured out .....you will not have any customers!! This is really unnessary!!

Login to Me Too

saint327
New Community Member

I am having this same issue.  I have no way to manage my paypal card online now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.