paypal plus credit card info not showing up on paypal.com

karnor
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen where many others have had this same problem, but no one has gotten a fix.  I have been told by Paypal plus (GE Money) that it's not their problem -- Paypal.com has to fix it.  Paypal.com says it's not their problem, Paypal Plus Credit Card has to fix it.  One said that it's supposed be fixed on Oct 3rd and another says Oct 31st.  One said they've not heard there's a problem, another said that they've heard it's because paypal hasn't uploaded files they need to upload.  Everyone blames everyone else or says it's not a problem - yet we can't access our reward points, check for fraudulent activity, or pay on our balance. 

Doesn't *anyone* out there know what's going on and when it's going to be fixed? 

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

karnor
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is still showing up, but I refuse to use it because of the unreliability.  I don't want to close it and hurt my credit rating, so I guess it will just sit.

Login to Me Too

greenmachine2
Contributor
Contributor

I had no other choicea few weeks ago to cancel my credit card due to unauthorized charges.

Got my new card in the mail and shredded it after paying off a small balance that I had on

my cancelled card. I didn't cancel the 2nd card and I don't plan to.

On my credit report it says account closed due to theft. This may slightly reduce your credit score

but I don't think it's as serious as a late pay or a charge off. I do call once a week to make sure my

balance is zero and that no payment is due just to plat safe. Let them cancel it for "inactivity" in the

future.

Login to Me Too

msjennifer0305
New Community Member

Thank you for the link to BBB. I have filed a complaint as well. This is so ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

Another place to file a complaint is the Federal Trade Commission http://www.ftc.gov/   and the Office of Thrift Supervision http://www.ots.treas.gov/.  I filed a complaint with the FDIC and my complaint was forwarded to OTS.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB but that is kind of a waste of time as they have no power to force a company into solving a problem.  You can also write the President/CEO of GE Money Bank William Cary, P O Box 981284 El Paso, TX 79998.  After complaints will all of these, I actually have received a couple of calls from GE Money Bank.    Apparently they have a serious software problem.  As a retired engineer responsible for numberous software projects, I have a hard time  with it taking over 6 months to fix the problems.  I think it is time to sh-- or get off the pot.  Let some heads rolls and get some people in there who actually know how to do software.  This company is no doubt the example used for the commercial  with the guy who answers the phone "this is Peggy".  He not only has the accent down perfectly but his response parallels that of the response you get when you call customer service.  I do not think there is intentional fraud going on, just a case of incompetent software designers.  The house needs to be cleaned out and hire some competent software folks.  It would help if they spoke English instead of Hindi.  BTW, I have another credit card managed by GE Money which has been totally flawless. They are capable of doing business in a professional and accurate way.

Login to Me Too

karnor
Contributor
Contributor

We also have other cards with GE Money - that's why I had a tendency to believe them over Paypal.  Mine has still stayed connected for a few months now.  (Watch it disappear tomorrow.)

On another note, what's up with all of the customer service techs with a foreign accent and names like "Don, Bill, and Mary?"  How stupid do they think we are?  One day I called several times and every male tech had the same name. 

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

OMG, I nearly had a heart attack tonight.  After 6 months of calling, sending letters, and filing complaints, my PayPal credit card showed up on the PayPal.com web page.  Talk about customer service!  Well, I hope it stays.  At some point I may actually use it.  I am still determined to get the Extra Bonus points I have missed.  "Peggy" came through at least with making the account visible.Just think it only took 6 months to get the software working on my account.  I think I will log back in to see if I really saw my account.......

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I have some good news to report!

The people who have previously reported linking issues should see the issue resolved. If you have previously reported on this thread or contacted the Credit Service Center to report that your Smart Connect or Extras account is not properly linked to your PayPal account, please check to see if that link is correct now.

• If it is not correct and you have reported on this thread prior to today, please reply here to let me know.
  • If it is not correct and you have reported it to the Credit Service Center prior to today, please reply here and let me know.
  • If it is not correct and you have not yet reported it, please contact the Credit Service Center. Smart Connect customers click [here], and PayPal Extras MasterCard customer click [here].

Thank you all for your patience!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mrmacster103
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Extras MasterCard is still not linked to my PayPal account.  I have reported this problem many times with no resolution to the problem.  I have been paperless for a long time but now I cannot view my statements or make my payment online.  I also have some charges I need to dispute, but I can't view the statements to verify them.  THANKS!

Login to Me Too

ddetaranto
Contributor
Contributor

I have tired all options listed to get information on when to expect my Paypal Plus credit card information to show up again.  All I get is the run around.  If anyone is interested in starting a class action suit against paypal sign me up!  I have had fraudulant charges on my account, then the customer service rep was extremely rude when I objected to the charge, it took several months for it to be refunded, now I am expected to pay a bill I cannot examine.  I am going to pay off this account (if I can ever see a balance) and have nothing more to do with paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi mrmacster103 and ddetaranto, welcome to the forums!

Thank you for letting me know. I will get you both added. Thanks!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.