What happens to payments into PayPal Balance account if I don't transfer it to my bank?

Lady_Jae

Hi - I have my Ebates/Rakuten account linked to PayPal so I receive all my cash back rewards into my PayPal Balance account.  If I don't transfer that money to my bank, does PayPal use it to cover purchases made with PayPal?  I think it does but it is hard to tell from the way transactions are listed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lady_Jae 

Yes, if the PayPal balance is chosen as the main method of payment of your transaction and backed up with another linked payment. Typically, you always have the choice of payment method during checkout. PayPal will show the available options you can choose from.

As you complete a transaction via PayPal, you will be emailed a PayPal receipt where it shows you the payment method used.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lady_Jae 

Yes, if the PayPal balance is chosen as the main method of payment of your transaction and backed up with another linked payment. Typically, you always have the choice of payment method during checkout. PayPal will show the available options you can choose from.

As you complete a transaction via PayPal, you will be emailed a PayPal receipt where it shows you the payment method used.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.