I got an Invoice from someone I don't know.

mandyjane1234
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email with an invoice that says its from GoDaddy but Godaddy has never requested money from me through paypal like that, and also it has a name connected to it that is foreign. I'm not going to pay it, but my question is, what happens to unpaid invoices if I don't pay them? Would they ever take it out of my account without me authorizing it? And to whom should I report this if at all? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mandyjane1234,

Thanks for reaching out about this! We never recommend paying an invoice you haven't already prearranged. If you don't recognize that invoice or it seems out of sort, we don't recommend paying it. This isn't a very common fraud trend, but posing as a merchant and sending a fraudulent invoice is something we've heard about in the past. Here’s how to cancel a money request or invoice:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Either find the request or invoice on your Summary page or click Activity.
  3. Click Cancel next to it.
  4. Click Yes to complete the cancellation.

Here's a great Help Center article regarding other Common scams and how to spot them.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mandyjane1234,

Thanks for reaching out about this! We never recommend paying an invoice you haven't already prearranged. If you don't recognize that invoice or it seems out of sort, we don't recommend paying it. This isn't a very common fraud trend, but posing as a merchant and sending a fraudulent invoice is something we've heard about in the past. Here’s how to cancel a money request or invoice:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Either find the request or invoice on your Summary page or click Activity.
  3. Click Cancel next to it.
  4. Click Yes to complete the cancellation.

Here's a great Help Center article regarding other Common scams and how to spot them.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.