No balance in wallet? Where did the money go?

Nate2130
So I sent an invoice to someone and that person paid me, they sent me a screenshot of the receipt and everything. But where did that money go in my account? Everything I have read says it should be in you account balances, which you see by going to wallet. My wallet only shows my PayPal Credit Account and my Linked Bank Account, but no PayPal Account. Further research said I must have a PayPal Balance account to hold funds in my account. My question is how do I see if I have a Balance account? And if I don't, how do I change it to a balance account. And if I don't, then where did the money go to??
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nate2130 

If they paid you then the invoice would show as paid and if you have not set up a paypal balance account then there would be a message to click to accept the funds, then you can choose to set up a balance account or transfer it to your bank account.

Are you sure its not a scam where they ask you to send an invoice or money request and then send you fake screenshots and paypal emails that are also fake? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.