spam problem

Jakob31
New Community Member

Hello,

I'm frequently receiving spam-mails from a pseudo-paypal adress which is a variant of this

<removed> ... (rest of this mail I am not allowed to enter here..)

It generally tells me that there was recent activity on my account and it has now been limited. The mail comes with an attachment which I of course never downloaded/clicked. These spoof mails are sent to an email address which is no longer the email of my paypal account but previously was. There have not been any problems otherwise like unwanted transactions and that sort of stuff.

-

I looked up Paypal's suggested procedure for dealing with such spam and forwarded some of the mails to spoof@paypal.com  .

I should add that the phishing-mails with 'recent activity' are - at least that was the case yesterday - quite correct when it comes to my paypal activity.

I received  automatic confirmation emails regarding the spoofs I forwarded from two different mail addresses:

1 and mostly: <removed> 

2: spoof@paypal.com 

Is the first support email address (<removed>-...) LEGIT? The text in it is the same as from spoof@paypal.com though slightly less edited and with no address. In both mails the company data at the bottom reads

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.

which is odd in terms of date, but maybe I'm getting too suspicious here.

Thanks for any helpful reply to this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jakob31 

I just use the delete option but spoof@paypal.com is the one to use if you want to send them on.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.