security fees?

Lauren341
Contributor
Contributor

ok so i’m hoping to solve this issue. i am getting money from someone. the problem is they sent a screenshot stating there is a security fee in order for it to go through to me. then after it is paid it will go into my account automatically. true or false?? 🤷🏻‍♀️ anybody??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauren341 

False. PayPal deducts their PayPal fee (no security fee) from the amount received and give you the difference. This "security fee" is what this scammer is trying to scam you out of because they have not sent payment and you'll be sitting there waiting and waiting for payment if you do not see a record of payment in your PayPal account right this minute. PayPal does not hide payment from you in exchange for fees/gift cards/paying a third party/using a third party payment processor such as Western Union or MoneyGram. If someone really sent payment, you will see a record of it, even if there is a PayPal hold on the payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.